Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ice rinks?

Options
  • 28-10-2011 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Anyone know if there any ice rinks open in Dublin yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 victap8

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Heard there could be one opening in Santry?

Yeah apparently, theres a few pictures and a video on the Flyers IHC website, hopefully it's true, can't wait to get back on the ice!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

cadburys wrote: »
    Anyone know if there any ice rinks open in Dublin yet?

A temporary one opened at the back of Dundrum town centre (near the restaurants) last week. No idea what it's like though.
    victap8 wrote: »
    Yeah apparently, theres a few pictures and a video on the Flyers IHC website, hopefully it's true, can't wait to get back on the ice!

Where is it being built?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

markpb wrote: »
    Where is it being built?

there's a thread about this in the hockey forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056401886

• Advertisement

A temporary one opened at the back of Dundrum town centre (near the restaurants) last week. No idea what it's like though.

Where is it being built?

Santry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

victap8 wrote: »
    Santry.

That doesn't narrow it down very much though. I've read the other read on the Hockey forum and understand it's some kind of state secret that I don't understand. I'll wait and see :)

That doesn't narrow it down very much though. I've read the other read on the Hockey forum and understand it's some kind of state secret that I don't understand. I'll wait and see :)

Apparently its going to be somewhere around the Omni Park Shopping Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

There is a large one going into Dun Laoghaire, opens the 1st of Dec

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dun-Laoghaire-On-Ice/264676400245923

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Iceskater101

Ok I know this thread is from ages ago but an ice rink has just opened inside a warehouse in an industrial estate in Castleknock, Dublin. Its REAL ice and looks like it could be permanent for the year (depending on the demand). Their facebook page is Castleknock on Ice.

Ok I know this thread is from ages ago but an ice rink has just opened inside a warehouse in an industrial estate in Castleknock, Dublin. Its REAL ice and looks like it could be permanent for the year (depending on the demand). Their facebook page is Castleknock on Ice.

yeah heard about that too! may head down there and skate myself, heard their gonna start doing Learn-to-play ice hockey programmes, also heard that down in Dun Laoghaire they might do that too, for juniors only tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

madness not to open it to the public, how are youngsters supposed to know if they have a love for the ice, also opening to the public will give much needed funding.I would buy new skates today if I was able to use a public ice rink.... I would be delighted if there was a skate park for me to teach my daughter to skate as I was taught when I was young, we spent many a happy saturday/sunday at the local ice rink with my parents falling all over the place, but were taught by older siblings how to skate.x

Advertisement