Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips Energy Saver Bulbs 50c - Mace Shankill

• 28-10-2011 4:27pm

Texaco/Mace in Shankill (Co. Dublin) have Philips energy saver bulbs, 11w/60w for 50cent each. They have loads. I think it's good value!

energy-bulbx10.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

wow hope its nationwide....

price of these is set to rocket with the removal of the subsidy and increasing cost of phorphrossis (not spelt right) or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I thought I'd add this, rather than start a seperate thread.
    Picked up a few of these Philips Softone 8 watt in Tesco for 62 cent each this morning..
    179574.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Texaco just outside Cavan town have had this offer a good while now. I didn't realise it was in other stores. The lady in there told me they sell them the whole time because she thought I was stocking up when I bought 20 for a tenner.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Atlantic are doing these - cost more but give out more light
    Osram €1
    24W 2500K 1445 lm warm comfort white
    10W 500lm - bulb shaped and without a big base warm white
    5W 200lm - again bulb shaped but with a bigger base (above bulb is better) warm white

Osram €2 - "dimmable" - mix and match to get the amount of light you need.
    0.3W / 8W CF , when you turn on it's an LED night light, if you turn off and on again within 3 seconds the 8W CFL lights up

8W / 20W (1230Lm) , 8W when you turn on, 20W if you blip the switch again. So only using 40% of the power by default.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

does anyone know where to get cheap bayonet sockets for the bulbs ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement