Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean Gallagher concedes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Of course it's corrupt. He taking money for using his political influence.
    So does Labour from the unions so they can't talk! At least he isn't robbing money from the Northern Bank. :rolleyes:

Unless you can prove your allegations you ought not make them because people have a constitutional right to their good name. That's why we voted no to the Inquiries referendum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

brownswiss wrote: »
    You said Frontline was a set up......SO??

The important point is the set up worked ...

It caught the liar with his pants down

You think that the media influence in election is a positive thing? Why do we bother voting- just let Pat Kenny and a few analysts pick the next President!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

board.eddy wrote: »
    hmmm very very harsh, as far as 'disgrace' goes he was one of the only candidates who wasnt disgraced, that sad matter of 5k at the end was a sad sinn fein attempt to ruin the lads campaign.

btw if someone is thick enough to pay 250/hour for advice thats their own business, i'd take 250 euro off someone for advice if they would pay me...

Sf didn't make up the story it actually happened. How are you trying to blame them for telling the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

You think that the media influence in election is a positive thing? Why do we bother voting- just let Pat Kenny and a few analysts pick the next President!

Go a step further let Paddy Power do it, because they always appear to be on the nose. :D

For once the moratorium on broadcasting was probably a bad thing for FF, and SG could not defend the allegations with the broadcasting blackout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Go a step further let Paddy Power do it, because they always appear to be on the nose. :D

For once the moratorium on broadcasting was probably a bad thing for FF, and SG could not defend the allegations with the broadcasting blackout.

He wouldn't be able to defend them if we where here to next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

ted1 wrote: »
    Sf didn't make up the story it actually happened. How are you trying to blame them for telling the truth.

sf tell the truth,do sf know what the word means ,as mmg didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Thank you, Mr. McGuinness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

In this case they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

When it's exposing others they usually do, to be fair, be it FF or the Brits or whoever.

The problem is their consistency and lack of a mirror......"ansher the keshchin, Sean" was pathetically ironic given the reaction to the "Martin, was it murder ?" question.

• Advertisement

In this case they did.

then tell the familys where there family members are buried in bogs by PIRA so they can bury them other wise they don't know what telling the truth is and from sf supporters seen on forum,they never will tell the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭brownswiss

It was in this case.....

However when they were backing SG my thoughts were different..... I was glad to see them turn.....

The motives of the media are for another day...

If people went to vote without the benefit of the debate they were uneducated voters.... and that would not be a good thing.....

There was a full page spread on the indo with a lovely large photo of SG and his wife... anyone who glanced at the article and photo would have thought them a great pair for the Aras...

The journalist is married to a senior FF'r

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    When it's exposing others they usually do, to be fair, be it FF or the Brits or whoever.

The problem is their consistency and lack of a mirror......"ansher the keshchin, Sean" was pathetically ironic given the reaction to the "Martin, was it murder ?" question.

sean problem he wasn't seasoned politician but then again,was funny when morgan fuels is sf member any ways ,only showed more how sneaky sf and mmg really are ,so I'M happy with election mmg didn't get in,don't care about the soft votes they got

It was in this case.....

However when they were backing SG my thoughts were different..... I was glad to see them turn.....

The motives of the media are for another day...

If people went to vote without the benefit of the debate they were uneducated voters.... and that would not be a good thing.....

There was a full page spread on the indo with a lovely large photo of SG and his wife... anyone who glanced at the article and photo would have thought them a great pair for the Aras...

The journalist is married to a senior FF'r
    you must be a party member,fg or labour
    so now your calling people uneducated , Now your showing your colors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

....or an unbiased realist, maybe ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

so now your calling people uneducated , Now your showing your colors

Pot, Kettle spring to mind.

I'm quiet happy a man who has his heart in politics and stands up for what he believes in has won the presidency.

Gallagher in my opinion is a smarmy sneaky yes man who was only in it for himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

sean problem he wasn't seasoned politician but then again,was funny when morgan fuels is sf member any ways ,only showed more how sneaky sf and mmg really are ,so I'M happy with election mmg didn't get in,don't care about the soft votes they got

:D:D If you were a FF supporter and you had information about another candidate that showed him to be a hypocrite, would you phone the Labour candidate, the FG candidate or any one of 3 other independents?? :rolleyes: Why-the- Good King Wencelas would he ring anybody other than his own party leader???????:eek:

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    ....or an unbiased realist, maybe ? :rolleyes:

no ,your a labour boy

Happyman42 wrote: »
    :D:D If you were a FF supporter and you had information about another candidate that showed him to be a hypocrite, would you phone the Labour candidate, the FG candidate or any one of 3 other independents?? :rolleyes: Why-the- Good King Wencelas would he ring anybody other than his own party leader???????:eek:

ask marty mc guinness ;)

charlemont wrote: »
    Pot, Kettle spring to mind.

I'm quiet happy a man who has his heart in politics and stands up for what he believes in has won the presidency.

Gallagher in my opinion is a smarmy sneaky yes man who was only in it for himself.

now your saying all candidates where in it for nothing :rolleyes:,get real and have a kit kat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

hardCopy wrote: »
    I don't see why a business person would be deterred, Gallagher came from nowhere to finish second demolishing an established politician in Gay Mitchell.

If anything it should encourage more outsiders to run for office.

He didn't lose because he was over-qualified, he lost because he was too close to the patently unqualified individuals you mentioned.

Maybe a true outsider could have won it.
    He didn't come from nowhere though, he came from the depths of the fianna fail electioneering machine. He is a devoted and devout party insider who will have spent many a Sunday after mass talking his way to large donations for the party. Get a photo with biffo for five grand or shake the robbing hand of Charlie for ten.

What this election has shown is that despite all the deep seated long established support that once existed and appears to still exist for fianna fail, most of those same supporters while still claiming loyalty to the party are voting for their families and for the country instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

At least he isn't robbing money from the Northern Bank. :rolleyes:

Unless you can prove your allegations you ought not make them because people have a constitutional right to their good name.

Ahem.

now your saying all candidates where in it for nothing :rolleyes:,get real and have a kit kat

Where did I say that ?? But I'll have another dig at Gallagher while I'm here..SG is a scrounger..

Where did I say that ?? But I'll have another dig at Gallagher while I'm here..SG is a scrounger..

so are labour,fg and sf ,so what,,, really felt threatened by sg ,didn.t you ,like taking bollox most of the time

Happyman42 wrote: »

the difference when a terrorist like mmg does it,I wouldn't believe it,specially when morgan fuels is sinn fein member
    so saying that all the people who changed there vote where conned by sf marty mc guinness over a photo ,sad people in labour camp

so are labour,fg and sf ,so what,,, really felt threatened by sg ,didn.t you ,like taking bollox most of the time

I see you conveniently forgot to mention FF.

As for talking bollix, I say it as I see it.

Threatened by Gallagher, Well the threats over now. :D
    And in another 7 years Gallagher still won't win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

sean gallagher will never want to see or hear the word envelope ever again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭brownswiss

Kelt a number of posters asked you both your age and Nationality...

Do you understand why they were curious?...

Do you recall your response?..

They were not trying to insult you..

They were having trouble interpreting your posts and having great difficulty explaining points to you...

Most of them gave up in frustration

BERBA wrote: »

That's giving me a childish yet great idea, We could all sent empty envelopes to his home address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

They were having trouble interpreting your posts and having great difficulty explaining points to you...

1000% :)

I would have thought that was exactly what they were trying to do. :confused:

• Advertisement

That's giving me a childish yet great idea, We could all sent empty envelopes to his home address.

A child might be more imaginative (sorry!).

I see you conveniently forgot to mention FF.

As for talking bollix, I say it as I see it.

Threatened by Gallagher, Well the threats over now. :D
    And in another 7 years Gallagher still won't win.

don't know will sean gallagher run again but if he did ,he win
    but
    I don't think he will ,he has better interests
    I wouldn't listen to any fg.labour supporter no more than i listen to sf supporter ,even ff supporter
    as all talk from same hymn book

BERBA wrote: »

depends what's in it ;)

at least they didn't call others uneducated like you have
    I know hwo they are,sf boys ,when they couldn't get there point acros,they got petty like you,no surprise there
    maybe same school of thought you come from :rolleyes:
    but some party supporters will try anything including insulting
    just look at your posts,
    not much constructive ,really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

at least they didn't call others uneducated like you have
    I know hwo they are,sf boys ,when they couldn't get there point acros,they got petty like you,no surprise there
    maybe same school of thought you come from :rolleyes:
    so you dont like criticism but you dont mind looking down on Sinn Feiners. Double standards ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

@KelticKnightt

Posters asking you to clarify your posts and positions is not petty. Its an accepted part of posting on a forum like this, that you post in a relatively clear and easy to read manner.

Cheers

DrG

Dr Galen wrote: »
    @KelticKnightt

Posters asking you to clarify your posts and positions is not petty. Its an accepted part of posting on a forum like this, that you post in a relatively clear and easy to read manner.

Cheers

DrG

I have no problem answering a poster as long as they can leave insults out

so you dont like criticism but you dont mind looking down on Sinn Feiners. Double standards ftw

are you asking me a question or just a comment
    sf supporters don't like criticism ,specially when past is brought into it ,then they insult,or change subject.
    Will say this and I have said it before,
    I don't like sin fein party and there politic's ,don't like the way sf posters deal with other posters but thats my view.
    To each there own.

I have no problem answering a poster as long as they can leave insults out

Kettles pots & black or is that another thread :)

• Advertisement

are you asking me a question or just a comment
    sf supporters don't like criticism ,specially when past is brought into it ,then they insult,or change subject.
    Will say this and I have said it before,
    I don't like sin fein party and there politic's ,don't like the way sf posters deal with other posters but thats my view.
    To each there own.
    just a general comment really. I'm glad someone looked into Sean Gallaghers past as he didnt seem too eager to talk about it and attempted to drag another candidate down and change the subject. Maybe hes a SFer? anywho..

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Flashgordon197

The greatest argument against democracy is to spend five minutes with the average voter-Winston Churchill. We have disgraced ourselves again. what idiots voted for a man so closely linked with a party that have basically handed over control of our national affairs to the IMF? I have been actively involved in persuading citizens to turn away from these pack of morons but why bother?

The greatest argument against democracy is to spend five minutes with the average voter-Winston Churchill. We have disgraced ourselves again. what idiots voted for a man so closely linked with a party that have basically handed over control of our national affairs to the IMF? I have been actively involved in persuading citizens to turn away from these pack of morons but why bother?

:mad: And a bit of topic, but they did pretty well in the byelection in Dublin west:(:o:confused:

realies wrote: »
    Kettles pots & black or is that another thread :)

Thanks for reminding me to boil the kettle
    for nice cuppa :D

just a general comment really. I'm glad someone looked into Sean Gallaghers past as he didnt seem too eager to talk about it and attempted to drag another candidate down and change the subject. Maybe hes a SFer? anywho..

marty knew he wouldn't win election but thought if he do a sneak cheap shot like mm did,he could come second in election but guess what

Didn't work
    today on media sinn fein and mamg where scratching there head's what went wrong ,but at same time saying we did good
    but I see you can't get little fact right,, sean gallagher tryed not to talk about other candidates and didn't ,
    but over all ,was good election
    mmg didn't win
    job done

marty knew he wouldn't win election but thought if he do a sneak cheap shot like mm did,he could come second in election but guess what

Didn't work
    today on media sinn fein and mamg where scratching there head's what went wrong ,but at same time saying we did good
    but I see you can't get little fact right,, sean gallagher tryed not to talk about other candidates and didn't ,
    but over all ,was good election
    mmg didn't win
    job done
    Sean gallagher said he tried not to talk about other candidates and in the next sentance said that martin mcguinness's colleuge rented property of a convicted smuggler, video can be provided if necessary.
    I said it weeks ago SF werent expecting a win and when it comes down to it what does second place get you? you dont even get a silver medal.
    What Martin Mcguinness did manage to do was make people aware that sinn fein are a force to be reckoned with in irish politics and asa you said it yourself "job done" it may have been a job to ensure he wouldnt get in???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fitzerb

Yep, that is the problem with this country. A good % of people dont have any interest in politics and are happy enough to vote an ethically challenged z-list celebrity into the Presidency.

Have you spoken to all 504,000 of them to know this

I taught i conveyed the facts pretty fairly but hey,,, If the pic says it it must be true :rolleyes:

Sean gallagher said he tried not to talk about other candidates and in the next sentance said that martin mcguinness's colleuge rented property of a convicted smuggler, video can be provided if necessary.
    I said it weeks ago SF werent expecting a win and when it comes down to it what does second place get you? you dont even get a silver medal.
    What Martin Mcguinness did manage to do was make people aware that sinn fein are a force to be reckoned with in irish politics and asa you said it yourself "job done" it may have been a job to ensure he wouldnt get in???

As mmg pulled a cheap stunt when no time for sean gallagher to sort in time,Was only time sean g talked back to another candidate,
    The eyes where only on gallagher when he was ahead in polls,before that,not much
    in the end was by morgan fuels who's a sinn fein member and he would do what ever he's told to do by sinn fein and after his comments
    wasn't around to comment ,which say's it all

I taught i conveyed the facts pretty fairly but hey,,, If the pic says it it must be true :rolleyes:

Picture of sf member morgan with cowan in a envelope , that was mmg big news ,no wonder he lost election

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ClaireMorris

Just heard that Sean Gallagher is running ( quite fast ) in a BYE BYE election...

I hope Kelticknightt is his running mate and that thay dont stop till they hit the ocean..

Anyone who has tried to debate with his type of garbage must be about to leave Boards.ie....

I even saw one of the mods on defending him with similiar rubbish and some one asked the sensible question.. " how does one become a mod"

• Advertisement
Advertisement