Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians in Clare/Galway/Limerick area??

Options
  • 28-10-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Well!

I'm a singer/songwriter and have been looking to start up an original band for a while now, mainly influenced by the likes of Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, James Vincent Mcmorrow, Mick Flannery, Joshua Radin...that general melodic vibe really.
    Looking for ANY type of musicians....guitarists, violinists, any sort or variety of percussion, sax etc, as long as it's appropriate to the genre and you have similar influences.
    One thing I will say, however, is that having the ability to sing will be highly important for this project, as the type of songs to be written, would ideally have a lot of harmonies.

I have a lot of playing experience as I played in a band for about 6/7 years, and in those years, we managed to secure support slots with the likes of Aslan, ryan sheridan, the stunning, O emperor, Republic of Loose and Delorentos.

I'm not going to be asking anybody to learn MY songs and to play them. I'm hoping to gather a creative bunch of people, put all of our ideas together and write songs collectively, all with equal input.

PM me if interested.

Also, i don't have any original material recorded, but I do have a few covers for show, just to showcase SOME bit of my tastes :)

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

hi there, im a bass player living just outside limerick, 18 odd years experience, decent gear, small bit of a home recording setup too. looking to do some original stuff, anything from trad/folk stuff to rock, i've got a very broad taste in music. i've stuck up one or two quick ideas on here, just 20-30 second ideas

anyways give me a shout if you're interested
    cheers
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭permangulator

Bump!

Bump!

BUMP!

Still looking, for anybody that's interested.
    As it stands we have a female singer, a male singer, sax player, pianist, and guitar.

ANYONE INTERESTED Pm me.......

• Advertisement

BUMP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DavidMW

PM sent, if you're still looking!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Where do you practice? Limerick/Clare/Galway?

I'd be very interested but I'm in North Kerry, so I'm not entirerally sure on travel distance

• Registered Users Posts: 17 happyholly

hey just heard your stuff very good have you done anything with it yet.

Advertisement