Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

weanlings

• 28-10-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    was just wondering where ye all think is the best place for weanling in the south,resonable price considering,animal quality etc,kilmallock,mallow,bandon,macroom or castleisland?
    looking for a few 250-300kgs,black lim,sim,black hrf aslong as its not to much of a holstein desent i dont mind,what kind of yoyos we talking for these weights?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Haven't been down yet this year but castleisland used to be good. Is Ennis too far from you?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

ennis wouldnt be too out of the way,top quality cattle there,top prices though,i know ya wont get anything cheap but fairly resonable prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

There is a dealer near me at home and he buys a lot of good cattle in Castleisland.
    I think I saw Kilmallock on some of his aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

wouldnt like buying weanlings out of the mart in Castleisland town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭jfh

sixmilebridge has been getting some quality weanlings since starting back.

• Advertisement

wouldnt like buying weanlings out of the mart in Castleisland town

why bob?

jfh wrote: »
    sixmilebridge has been getting some quality weanlings since starting back.

what day is that on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

simx wrote: »
    what day is that on?

saturdays but i think every second one i can check if you want to be sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

hi all,
    was just wondering where ye all think is the best place for weanling in the south,resonable price considering,animal quality etc,kilmallock,mallow,bandon,macroom or castleisland?
    looking for a few 250-300kgs,black lim,sim,black hrf aslong as its not to much of a holstein desent i dont mind,what kind of yoyos we talking for these weights?

thanks
    You won't be buying many weanlings in Mallow mart as it doesn't exist anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

hi all,

thanks
    Do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭jfh

on every saturday. they have a big weanling sale on next week.

considering castleisland now,anyone there latley or any more suggestions?

didnt get a chance to go anywhere yet,anyone have any more suggestions? ive heard dungarvan isnt too bad,could anyone back this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

didnt get a chance to go anywhere yet,anyone have any more suggestions? ive heard dungarvan isnt too bad,could anyone back this up?
    you wont get much quality there go to new ross on monday nights a big selection on show.

whys this? dairy kind of mart is it?. . . how are charlaois heifers doing down there? 260-320kg?

anyone any more suggestions? how are blak limo heifers doing in ennis does anyone know?

Advertisement