Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photoshop colours

Options
  • 28-10-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭

i was wondering if anybody knew where i could find a website with the colours laid out almost like a paint brochure with code beside them.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Google Images with 'colour palette' or 'color palette' as the search terms should give you plenty of choice.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You could buy a pantone guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

pantone_colours.pdf

pantone colours

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Isabelita

5uspect wrote: »
    Do you know where in Dublin could I get a pantone guide?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Isabelita wrote: »
    5uspect wrote: »
    Do you know where in Dublin could I get a pantone guide?
    Thanks

I wouldn't worry too much about Pantone if you're just using Photoshop, it will only create RGB or CMYK files.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ethan.Saaris

Did you try Adobe Kuler?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Argh. Replicating correct colours on a computer is a complete nightmare.

I mean even if you were to download a pdf of pantone colurs you couldnt be sure your monitor was correctly tuned right? The only way to be sure is to get hardcopy printed pantone swatches from the art store and hold them up to the monitor to make sure what you have on the monitor is correct.

And then if you have to deal with clients who may have their contrast or hue set differently is hell all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

http://www.hessler.com/Pantone.php

Monitor isn't reliable with pantone colour. Its a system designed to print correct colour by mixing (% amounts of cyan magenta yellow and black) to produce the colour listed in the swatch. You can't rely on different monitors to display exactly the same colours. A pantone swatch book is needed to see the colour as it will appear in a print. A good printer supplies shop should be able to supply the swatch book you need.

Advertisement