Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband and Phone

• 28-10-2011 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi. Just got NTL high speed broadband and phone package. They told us to just plug our phone into their box but the connection won't work. Has anyone had this problem?

I know I will ring them but have rung them loads already for other stuff they didn't tell us we'd have to pay, and have lost the will to live being put on hold.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Fi Fi wrote: »
    Hi. Just got NTL high speed broadband and phone package. They told us to just plug our phone into their box but the connection won't work. Has anyone had this problem?

I know I will ring them but have rung them loads already for other stuff they didn't tell us we'd have to pay, and have lost the will to live being put on hold.

Maybe you need to put a 3 digit activation code into the phone before it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Moved to Broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if you have an older dect phone it may not work.

i bought a 4 pack of BT dect wireless phones from argos 7 years ago and they worked fine on eircom & bt but not with upc.

i was told at the time that some older dect phones won't work with a digital line, but i can't confirm if its true or not, other than saying i got a new 3 pack of dect phones in argos a couple of months ago for 55 quid and they work a treat on the same line.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fi Fi

Hi. Thanks everyone. Turns out we just needed to reboot so sorted now.

Advertisement