Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

considering returning to college after dropping out, help please

Options
  • 28-10-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hello. I started Arts in September 2010 and stuck with it for the duration. I then decided to drop out and did so. After having sat on my hole for 4 months and with no luck in the job search, I think I want to go back to college.

Do I apply again through the CAO using the my leaving cert results? Looking at past points, it doesn't look like my results will be good enough for the course I want to do - does this mean I just have to wait to get old and apply as a mature student?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Afaik, you apply through the CAO again. Unless you're 23, or close enough to it for it to be worth waiting, but even at that I assume they don't take everyone who applies as a mature student. Points can drop a lot from year to year though so it's worth applying anyway.

Also, since you did the entire first year last year, you'll have to pay fees on the first year of whatever course you do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

Thanks for that.

Advertisement