Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suit in Burton

• 28-10-2011 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pass along my story, bought a suit yesterday in Burton for €176, got it for 158.4 with a student discount card. Jacket was €117 and pants was €59. Actually took me by surprise as I thought €117 was the price of the full suit! But i still bought it anyway and that was fine.

Got home then last night and decided to check out the Burton.co.uk website. Found the exact same suit on here for £119 so I thought about bringing back the shop bought suit and buying this instead as I'd be saving myself about €20, not much but its still €20!!

So I looked again today and they have a sale on for the weekend, I check the suit again and got the whole thing, including delivery, for £97.95. Converting that to € it works out at about €111 in total, so I'm getting the jacket and pants for less than the price of the jacket here!

What made it even more satisfying was going into the shop this evening to return it, the guy that served me was a pure k**b!

Any how id advise people to check the website before buying in the shops!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

and Burtons are still very happy!

Because they tried to charge too much in their Irish store, yet you STILL purchased it from them via their UK website. - Burtons win.

If you wanted to protest properly at their exchange rate usage you should have bought elsewhere. - You would have got better quality than burtons in the first place and probably better value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You were lucky that they took it back, they didn't have to.

Looks like you used XE for your exchange rate too, you never get that, just incase you only see a slight difference in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

rubadub wrote: »
    You were lucky that they took it back, they didn't have to.

Looks like you used XE for your exchange rate too, you never get that, just incase you only see a slight difference in future.

You will see a big difference if you used a credit card. And then have a currency conversion fee added on:eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 67 ✭✭Lemmewinks

You will see a big difference if you used a credit card. And then have a currency conversion fee added on:eek:
    + shipping.

Advertisement