Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need someone for a small project

Options
  • 28-10-2011 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for someone to do the layout / design of a electronic journal of arts that is getting up and running. It's a small project, probably only take someone an hour or so. We'll provide the accepted submissions, they lay it out as they see fit and give us back the PDF.

Even if someone was interested in taking this on for one edition (it's bi-monthly) as a "guest designer" they'd be more than welcome.

Doesn't pay - it's a free journal with the sole aim of disseminating creative literature and art. But we'll pop your details on the site and in the journal and you can stick another line on the CV.

More info at www.thewearyblues.org

PM me or email the address on the site.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

There's a thread for services wanted/offered. Good luck offering a credit in some journal as payment. And the assumption that it's just an hours work may be (is) way off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Danbo! wrote: »
    Good luck offering a credit in some journal as payment. And the assumption that it's just an hours work may be (is) way off.

Well considering I've actually seen the volume of content, I think I'd be in a better position to judge what kind of workload is required. If anyone expresses their interest, and then decides otherwise, they need only say they've decided it's not for them - we won't come knocking on doors, I can assure you.

The purpose of the journal is the free dissemination of people's creativity - a way to let people get their work "out there". Judging by the fact that a few people have gotten in touch with me re this thread, I'd say there's a lot of people out there who believe in that, and are willing to give up a few hours every two months to contribute to such an attempt.

So yes, it appears that some people are willing to be part of something for more than money.

It's a free journal, with no income. It's a small project, that may grow. Who knows? The point is that if anyone wants to be a part of it, purely in an effort to increase the volume of cultural artefacts out there, they are more than welcome to join us.

But constructive comments are always welcome - so thanks for your very useful input.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

If you dont find anyone to do the layout for you, give me a shout. Also have you thought about printing it? I would be intrested in help you.

Also ropedrink,,i think its awesome you play wow and like graphics. I play wow everyday. Are you a graphic designer two? Everyonei evered play wow with hasnt gota clue about computers or graphics or digital art. I know this is off subject just thought i throw it out there. Im on outland server.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

You could always try writing to schools for graphic design - students are often eager for some credit to refer to when looking for a job later on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

RopeDrink wrote: »
    The fact you're not offering money is the only reason this will remain open.

Danbo! is correct, there is a Sales & Services sticky thread here with specific rules so anyone else who see's this then gets a notion of offering actual paid work will not be shocked when the thread is deleted/closed.

It also contains a list of people with varied experiences so you should consider taking a gander anyways.

Cheers for that. I've gotten a few responses via PMs now, so feel free to close if you'd prefer.

Thanks to everyone who offered a response.

All the best.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement