Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday night in Killaloe

• 28-10-2011 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Thinking of heading out in Killaloe for a few drinks tonight. I'm new to the area and haven't had a chance to venture out socially yet.
    So, any suggestions on where to go??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Sorry..its Saturday night now!

It depends I suppose on your age group but the Anchor is always a good spot on a quite night to get chatting to people. Dont think they have music or anything on Friday nights.
    Saturday nights,all the pubs have music,but as I said it depends on your age group and what you are in to. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

chucken1 wrote: »
    Sorry..its Saturday night now!

It depends I suppose on your age group but the Anchor is always a good spot on a quite night to get chatting to people. Dont think they have music or anything on Friday nights.
    Saturday nights,all the pubs have music,but as I said it depends on your age group and what you are in to. :)

Friday night in Killaloe was rather... quiet.
    Will maybe try a Saturday night next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

O'Donovan's Pub in Ballina/Killaloe can be a lively spot at weekends, they regularly have music and there are often theme nights etc.

http://www.odonovanskillaloe.com/default.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

JD's in Ballina seems to be where a lot of people are going on Saturday nights now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

JD's or Molly's in Ballina and the Anchor in Killaloe are where the younger crowd would typically go on a Saturday.

If you are into something a little quieter Liam O'Riains is a great spot.

Grace's has a great smoking area but I have not been in there myself in years tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement