Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Office 2010 - disaster!!!!

• 28-10-2011 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Perhaps I was being greedy but after installing Microsoft Office 2010 Pro Plus on laptops in my workplace I decided to try it out on my own home laptop, however the result was it completely eradicated the 2007 system i had on already and now leaves me with no Microsoft Office at all, which is a disaster as I need it for work! my laptop operates on the Windows Vista Home Premium system so I'm guessing it's there that the problem lies???? Help Please!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

system restore ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

moleary20 wrote: »
    Perhaps I was being greedy but after installing Microsoft Office 2010 Pro Plus on laptops in my workplace I decided to try it out on my own home laptop, however the result was it completely eradicated the 2007 system i had on already and now leaves me with no Microsoft Office at all, which is a disaster as I need it for work! my laptop operates on the Windows Vista Home Premium system so I'm guessing it's there that the problem lies???? Help Please!!!

vista is crap...

without going into specifics just install anything else and you be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

The best thing is to uninstall Office 2010 (you sound as if you don't have a license for it anyway - it'll probably get flagged as a duplicate copy). Then reinstall Office 2007 assuming you have the original license & DVD. Otherwise I suggest buying a copy of Office 2010 Home & Office which has Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote... Office 2010 is compatible with Office 2007 files...

System Restore will definitely not work...

http://www.dabs.ie/products/microsoft-office-home-and-student-2010---licence---1-pc---pkc---win---english-7257.html?q=office%202010

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

vista is crap...

without going into specifics just install anything else and you be fine.

How will replacing vista with windows 7 or XP solve his problem with not having office on the machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

uninstall the office 2010 and install your original one office 2007 and it might be fine as the serial key you entered before is stored in the registry part of the system so it should notice that the key is still in the registry and you might be ok. worth a shot as the serials usually stay in the registry unless you used a registry cleaner lately then this could be a problem.

if you have not got the office 2007 disc then just ask a friend for a lend of it just to install. but as i said above, the activation key might be still on your system as software usually leaves a ton of registry files after uninstallation.

if you are really stuck for the office 2007 pick the one from this following link softpedia on the right, scroll down to the 5th or 6th whichever one you last used, microsoft office home and student 2007 or professional 2007 and you can download the trial version which is the full version and hope that it recognizes the serial activation key that hopefully was not uninstalled. link... http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Microsoft-Office-Download-58321.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Most people don't need even half of the crap that is installed with any of the the later versions of Office.

At home I have Office '97 installed on a Core 2 Duo running Windows 7 Home Premium with 2 GB's of RAM and it absolutely flies along.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dpaulod

You might be able to get a student copy if there is a student in
    the house office pro fully registered for 60 euros.

http://www.studentsoftware.ie/

Best of luck

Advertisement