Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin city centre off license

Options
  • 28-10-2011 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

Any decent off license in town? Sorry for brief message....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Ahh it's OK. Bull and castle will sell me proper take out. Quick pint and continue on my way

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Anyone know what the beer selection is like in Bin No.9 in Goatstown? Headin to a house there this week and don't want to head all the way out and find nothing decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Not really in the City Centre, but it doesn't take too long to get up here.

The Off Licence next to Kitty Kiernan's on Collins Avenue is quite decent :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

For the southside of the City, Jack Carvills on Camden St (just next to Tesco) and O'Neills on the South Circular Rd (opposite Griffth College) would be two of the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I was in Carvills on Camden St last week and I was seriously disappointed to find that it has been turned into a .... well .... a normal off license! It's now half the size and there is no selection of random interesting beers, just the normal crap. We ended up heading over to Whelans, which, although small, has an OK selection. (Interestingly they do a student discount!!!)

Sweeney's in Phibsborough used to have a great selection of both wine and beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Probus off licence I can highly recommend. A great mixture of all beers as well as local brwery Irish beers. Wines are fantastic too! (they organise beer and wine tasting from time to time aswell)
    It's across from the gingerman pub.
    http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/probus-8704

Advertisement