Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon's Black Friday Lightening - Starts Monday 22nd November!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 riddimilike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

That's fcuking depressing. :(

Fcuking pathetic. Some people must have sad sad lives if buying something is that important to them. That's the Yanks for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 riddimilike

animals, that's all I can say bout that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Fcuking pathetic. Some people must have sad sad lives if buying something is that important to them. That's the Yanks for ya!

Wouldn't isolate it to the Americans. I saw the craziness on here of the touchpad incident. Imagine if a store opened that had 1000 units on sale at the time. We would see a similar stampede from the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭007.57

yeah one day on abbey street at 2am the new harry potter book was being released in easons later at 8am and load of kids and parents dressed as harry porter characters outside in a line down the whole street. bet when they opened at 8am there was a riot of spells being cast at each and some fat lad like hagred bouncin everyone out the way to get to the books etc.

then when they finally get the book they gotta sit down and read for a week! pointless?!!??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

007.57 wrote: »
    yeah one day on abbey street at 2am the new harry potter book was being released in easons later at 8am and load of kids and parents dressed as harry porter characters outside in a line down the whole street. bet when they opened at 8am there was a riot of spells being cast at each and some fat lad like hagred bouncin everyone out the way to get to the books etc.

then when they finally get the book they gotta sit down and read for a week! pointless?!!??

I think some people just love drama! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I thought they were sending out emails to those who subscribed of tomorrow's deals in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

SB-08 wrote: »
    I thought they were sending out emails to those who subscribed of tomorrow's deals in advance?

So did I, seems some people have got their emails already, but I haven't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭fran426ft

I got an email this morning alright but nothing really of interest to me in it.

Prices won't be listed until each deal goes live but the items listed in the email were:

-Downton Abbey Book/Bluray Bundle
    -Adobe Photoshop Elements 10
    -Vax U90-MA-R Air Reach Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
    -Driver San Francisco (PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii)
    -Garmin Approach G3 Golf GPS Unit
    -Pai Rossini Scarf and Hat Set
    -Lorraine Pascale Bundle
    -Zumba fitness DVD Exercise - Kit Includes Toning Sticks

Also on Facebook Amazon had posted "Get plenty of sleep tonight. You’ll find five days of great deals from 9am tomorrow morning, starting with DVDs and perfume."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Meh... not much there interests me tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if last year is anything to go by, I don't think I'll bother.
    hard to get anything, and what I did I bought almost for the sake of not ending up empty-handed (a bit like with the Boffer selloffs)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Did it not start before 9am last year?
    I thought I remembered being up bloody early/late trying to get a cheap xbox or wii...??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Is it 9am our time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Over 6 hours to go before the first deal. I haven't seen anything I'd be interested in yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thrill wrote: »
    Over 6 hours to go before the first deal. I haven't seen anything I'd be interested in yet.

Me neither, some suggestions on what the hints might be on the amazon discussion boards and they sound rubbish too.
    BAG yourself a deal - Backpack or handbag
    `Carry' on waiting for this one... - Another bag, or a load of Carry On films....
    This deal has bags of charm - As you can see by now the first load are just bags
    A monkey for your shoulder - Monkey bag
    The monkey is out of the bag - Another monkey bag
    Wrap up in Style - Coat or wrapping paper...
    Lose your breath in the thrill of the chase - Could be the Driver San Fransisco game some people hinted at, or another bag
    It's the dance fitness craze that's taking the world by storm - Zumba/Morris dancing DVD
    It may be dark outside, but it's bright inside. x3 - Pack of light bulbs, lots of them
    Every choice has a consequence; determine your destiny - Buckaroo
    Make your cat a king with a VIP access system. - Automatic feeder/cat flap
    This ex-model is making a name for herself as the TV chef du jour--you'd be mad to miss out on this bundle - Lorraine whatsherface books
    Make sure Santa's soot disappears before daylight! - Chimney sweeping set

Bah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Kajor wrote: »
    Bah!

Bah indeed. Seems its every 15 mins a batch of 3 are released... starting 3 suck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Where are you seeing the deals? All I see on the Black Friday page are generic recommendations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Hit F5? Use a different Browser? Log in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

This is looking to be a very lame sale... although I'll be watching every single deal, Im a sucker for bargains... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Kajor wrote: »
    Hit F5? Use a different Browser? Log in?

Ah okay, see it now. Stupid website not supporting Opera :(

(should have thought to use a different browser myself though :o)

Might pick up Batman later on if it's fairly cheap.

Got me one of those Kipling bags! Not being a handbag collector it's nice to get a bag that I like at 70% off, sweet! My poor old trusty bag that's done me the past 5 years is going in the bin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Disappointed with whats on offer so far. The discount is almost less than the special offers they have all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

load of tat with very small discounts.
    and they've alienated all their Irish buyers with the 15 minutes checkout limit, because of the £25 required for free delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I assume you'll need to make your order over £25 for avail of free supersaver delivery? within the 15 minute checkout limit.

I assume you'll need to make your order over £25 for avail of free supersaver delivery? within the 15 minute checkout limit.

Yup, yup.

and they've alienated all their Irish buyers with the 15 minutes checkout limit, because of the £25 required for free delivery.

That would mean something if they weren't going to sell out of all of the offers. However...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

And they won't send the perfumes to Ireland:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

$hite! 3c short for free shipping... anyone remember that site for finding cheap filler items?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

$hite! 3c short for free shipping... anyone remember that site for finding cheap filler items?
    HDMI cables for £1 maybe. Blank dvds?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

This: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LUPO-Sports-Silicone-Digital-Watch/dp/B0037QPUPY/ref=sr_1_53?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1321871113&sr=1-53

As cheap as youll get with super saver delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

If the item you won on the lightening deal was over £25.00 before the discount was applied you can get free super saver delivery. I won an item that was £38.20 initialy but with the lightening deal it went to £23.00. I checked out and the item was eligible for super saver delivery :D

ellieh1 wrote: »
    If the item you won on the lightening deal was over £25.00 before the discount was applied you can get free super saver delivery. I won an item that was £38.20 initialy but with the lightening deal it went to £23.00. I checked out and the item was eligible for super saver delivery :D

Exactly! FYI If you haven't selected SUPER SAVER Delivery and you are entitled to it, you can go into your account and change it on your order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

http://uk.jungleninja.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

Aah, thanks guys! I had a few things in my basket already so the total would have been over €25 before the lightening discount. Will know for next time (if I can find anything worth buying :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

HDMI cables for £1 maybe.

Did you see that somewhere on the site? Or are you just wishing that? I want a HDMI lead. :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Seen nothing too good so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

I just bought the Klipsch headphones. €60 delivered. Delighted with that deal to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Good job I checked early, the only thing that I can see all day that was any interest to me.

Got the Etnies shoes for €24/£20 delivered with free SSD.

Happy with that purchase, nothing else of interest though, looks pretty poor this year so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Just bought Inception on blu ray. Should be nice stocking filler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I am guessing that the 12pm hidden deals will be Photoshop Elelments 10 and Lightroom 3 which will be of interest to photographers. Althought why they put both software packages on at the same time is a bit odd.

Overall I am non-plussed so far. Complete load of rubbish with nothing interesting. However it is a long week so things might improve. Hopefully someone might be able to source the full product list as happened last year which made things easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

Yeah Lightroom 3 and Elements 10 - picked up both for around €180
    tallpaul wrote: »
    I am guessing that the 12pm hidden deals will be Photoshop Elelments 10 and Lightroom 3 which will be of interest to photographers. Althought why they put both software packages on at the same time is a bit odd.

Overall I am non-plussed so far. Complete load of rubbish with nothing interesting. However it is a long week so things might improve. Hopefully someone might be able to source the full product list as happened last year which made things easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Just picked up Adobe Elements 10 for ~€34, cool.

I'm glad I waited for the Black Friday deals, easily saved half on full cost. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Bought missus a handbag. Mother of god, the handbag was only there for 5 minutes before they all went. :eek:

Rest of stuff is a bit of meh currently. Socks and stuff with Inception at £7.19 when you can buy it in HMV Limerick for €9.99(Blu Ray). Not great shakes there really.

Gonna keep watching it though. Love a good bargain me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What's the story with things below £25 though when it comes for Free Shipping to Ireland?

I wanted to wait for Driver on PS3 until I might want something else from the deals but it timeout after 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Got the 28 piece Denby set for £125, the 16 piece set of the same range is around €220 in Debenhams. It'll make a nice Christmas present :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Beer Baron wrote: »
    What's the story with things below £25 though when it comes for Free Shipping to Ireland?

I wanted to wait for Driver on PS3 until I might want something else from the deals but it timeout after 10 minutes.

I think once its over £10 it has free super saver shipping. Over £25 for free shipping apparently

Picked up Avatar, Inception and Driver for PS3 for €37. Pretty good.

Driver on its own is €32 on Play.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement