Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon's Black Friday Lightening - Starts Monday 22nd November!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Driver on its own is €32 on Play.com

Its €17 delivered on Zavvi and thehut

The stuff on offer is a load of crap. Really really terrible deals. No consoles or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

Fantastic, grabbed the Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 for £30. This has been on my wish list for a few months now. So well chuffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hogzy wrote: »
    No consoles or anything.
    Ah to be fair.. it's only the first day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I thought it was a lot of hype last year. Nothing compared to the american definition of black friday. My opinion has not changed.

I think once its over £10 it has free super saver shipping.
    I thought that once it's original price (the one striked out on Black Friday Page) was over £24 - £25, then it was free Super Saver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's £25 and over that allows for free shipping. And sold directly by Amazon of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

It's £25 and over that allows for free shipping. And sold directly by Amazon of course.

I got free Shipping with Avatar and it was only €13. Maybe its because i had made previous purchases earlier in the day and they might send them all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

Picked up the Creative D200 for £50, happy with that. It sold out very fast...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

****ing greyhound feed on offer, lol.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003TLA480?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Shocking sale so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I would make a guess that there will be some mobile phones and/or accessories in the deal at some stage given that the whole event is sponsored by '3'...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

its only the start thought. They will throw a few good ones in the mix over the course of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ibood one was better than this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

guess they wont be sell Kindles in the sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bytesize

There hasn't really been anything that has caught my attention just yet. It's on the whole week though so I should be able to pick something up.

Does anyone know if Gamestop will be doing anything this year? They has a day of offers last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

All I see is junk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

the U.S. site is a lot better than U.K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

the U.S. site is a lot better than U.K.

+1

A million times better rather than the poor range of shít that they have on sale here. dogfood? crappy luggage? Chateau de Cat's Píss out of a box (this is 2011 not 1985!!)??

Ugh!!!:mad::mad:

It can only get better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It was the same as last year. The US site had MILES better deals than the UK one.
    To me, they couldn't have started the 'sale' off on a worse foot. Dogfood!!! is this what Amazon.co.uk thinks people who come to a website for a deal are looking for? Although I know that sales are prime opportunities for businesses to offload a load of old stock but this seems to be a bit ridiculous. I'm not sure I'll even bother keeping an eye one the same tomorrow or for the rest of the week. I know it's only the first day but you have to have some seriously good deals on there to 1) get people to come to the site with the possibility that they are going to get a right old bargain and 2) that your aim is to increase the possibility of those customers to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

Managed to get some of that dog food earlier! BARGAIN!!!

Offer is over, ye all missed it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Kajor wrote: »
    Managed to get some of that dog food earlier! BARGAIN!!!

Offer is over, ye all missed it!

It was a fiver cheaper on pharmacyuk. I picked it up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It was a fiver cheaper on pharmacyuk. I picked it up there.
    Invisible hand? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

The fact that a lot of the "deals" arent selling out says it all about this sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

indiewindy wrote: »
    The fact that a lot of the "deals" arent selling out says it all about this sale.

In fact most of the items are not selling out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

The TomToms went fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭007.57

aw YUS brilliant now I can get my maa those Ecozone Biobulb, Energy-Saving Daylight Bulb, Screw Cap, 25W she always wanted???!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Picked up one of the kindle covers, needed one; so as they say it's only a bargin if you wanted it in the first place. Would be interested to know if you can make a couple of buys over the day and pool them together for the free delivery. I have a couple of 'stocking fillers' in my wish list to get over the £25, but would be nice to know if you could delay posting till you hit the magic number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone know what the customs limit in $ would be for Amazon.com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

hmm, when I added an item to my basket it showed at the offer price, but by the time i got to check out it had gone back to the original price? i cancelled the order but if it does that for every item then why bother? it was the nightlight so only something small but still....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Garmin G3 golf gps for £130 now....good deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Garmin G3 golf gps for £130 now....good deal?
    I hope so I just bought it :D
    I looked around and its going for £250 in most of the golf stores online and cheapest I found was £200. €254 here

Getting it for £130 seems pretty good and there's no postage or no subscription fees/course download charges or any of that ****e. Just add batteries (*rechargables unless you like buying lots of AA's) and play.

1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg?1302576402

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

ablelocks wrote: »
    hmm, when I added an item to my basket it showed at the offer price, but by the time i got to check out it had gone back to the original price? i cancelled the order but if it does that for every item then why bother? it was the nightlight so only something small but still....

Discount is replied (as a discount line item) on the final page before order confirmation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dont see much to get excited about yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Some good blu ray deals on amazon.com, Rocky box set for 22.99 dollars is a a great price.

I take it then that blu rays are region free

I take it then that blu rays are region free
    Some are... some aren't!

Can be checked here.

PS - I posted the Rocky Blu-ray Set earlier on HUKD.ie - it's €22.49 at Play.com today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

dont see much to get excited about yet

I'd hazard a guess to say the 9pm deals tonight will be the of the proper lightning type. The one's that are "undercover" at the mo

big price drop on the watch there (225 ---> 67.50), might have gone for it had I been on the ball

SeaFields wrote: »
    I'd hazard a guess to say the 9pm deals tonight will be the of the proper lightning type. The one's that are "undercover" at the mo

I thought they were clothes? because of the "style" mentioned.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Picked up one of the kindle covers, needed one; so as they say it's only a bargin if you wanted it in the first place. Would be interested to know if you can make a couple of buys over the day and pool them together for the free delivery. I have a couple of 'stocking fillers' in my wish list to get over the £25, but would be nice to know if you could delay posting till you hit the magic number.

You can't pool stuff up over the day, you only have 15 mins from when you add the deal to your basket to complete the checkout or you will loose the discount.

Personally I have a few small items I wanted and I add them to an order to make it free delivery - like Driver that I got earlier for 8.99
    ablelocks wrote: »

As above - it may have gone over the 15 mins - or as prev mentioned it's the final page that u see the discount.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Picked up a Garmin Approach, very good value at £130, Xmas pressie (for me:D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

padocon wrote: »
    I thought they were clothes? because of the "style" mentioned.

Really? :( Oh right. I thought they would be the main deals for today. Didn't think the style word had any deep meaning :pac:

I was guessing based on the offer being at 'primetime'.

undercover style = raincoat/umbrella imo

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

So no-one else thinks it's underwear?? hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭fran426ft

For those who didn't sign up for email alerts from Amazon on this below is a selection of tomorrows items from an email I from Amazon today:

-Ab Circle Pro Abdominal Exerciser
    -Living Colours Bloom
    -Ice-Watches (4 Colour Available)
    -Lego Boxes, 200 and 1,600 Bricks
    -Samsung 50" Full HD 3D Ready Internet Plasma TV
    -Blcak & Decker EPC18CA-GB 18V Cordless Drill Driver
    -Saints Row 3 (PS3 and Xbox 360)
    -Petite /star Zia+ Stroller with Parasol (Jet Black)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

hmm saints row 3? Couldn't be half price could it?, especially after being just released...

undercover style = raincoat/umbrella imo
    SeaFields wrote: »
    Really? :( Oh right. I thought they would be the main deals for today. Didn't think the style word had any deep meaning :pac:

I was guessing based on the offer being at 'primetime'.

All will be reviled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

feckin nickers literally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Bingo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Lets hope tomorrow is better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Lets hope tomorrow is better