Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon's Black Friday Lightening - Starts Monday 22nd November!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

Sappy404 wrote: »
    If you're talking about the All Seasons one, there's a 10-disc River Cottage collection for over £10 cheaper here. It doesn't have the Summer or Winter DVDs though.

I saw that. What I was wondering really was 'would they reduce it further from yesterday or just leave it at the same discounted price, even though it didn't sell yesterday?'. The answer being that it's at the same price.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

50 inch tv 1096.61 -> £499.99 (54%)

game of thrones first 4 books 14.49 meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

wasnt it only 750 this morning. came and went in seconds anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

wasnt it only 750 this morning. came and went in seconds anyway

Less than seconds. I tried to add it to the basket immediately when it appeared and it was already gone, and waitlist full.

According to camelcamelcamel.com its recent low point was about £860

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

you can still buy river cottage all seasons for 20.97.. was put up again at 12:30 today???

There's another rake soon.

Wow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Wasn't Saints Row 3 meant to be up today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

it was earlier, think it was £69 down from £100..

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

abelard wrote: »
    There's another rake soon.

Wow.

Amazon, with these rakes, you are really spoiling us.

rakes-cr001-14fl-cr003-12fl-376.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

bizz213 wrote: »
    Was that meant for my Saints Row 3 question? If so, typo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Tinie wrote: »

Special edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

bizz213 wrote: »
    Yeah it was just the collectors edition or something like that. Can't believe I missed out on the rake sale, I wanted to stock up...:mad:

Yeah it was just the collectors edition or something like that. Can't believe I missed out on the rake sale, I wanted to stock up...:mad:

good thing you won't have to.....leave...it very long until you can avail of the next rake offer so..... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Tinie wrote: »

nope no typo it was like a platinum edition one, not just a regular one, hence the price :(

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bytesize

Anyone following the US Amazon site? This little gem is up in a bit...

Upcoming Deal - Xbox 360 Kinect 4GB Bundle with $100 Credit.

I suppose we are lucky though... we've been offered rakes. Twice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

yea Amazon.com has alot better deals

socks and rakes on .co.uk or digital cameras on the US
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HO58OI?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Gotta say, this Black Friday thing is a total waste of time. Pretty much nothing I would even gift for over 25, and anything under 25 we get railed by the postages.

Overall, fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Africa wrote: »
    Gotta say, this Black Friday thing is a total waste of time. Pretty much nothing I would even gift for over 25, and anything under 25 we get railed by the postages.

Overall, fail.

Check earlier in the thread, you can claim the postage back for under £25 items.. seems like hassle to me, but it can be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭memaul

can someone help me. i'm buying an item and its 19.99. it jumps up to 29.69 at checkout which is its price before the discount. will i be charged this amount or what. 6 minutes left to complete the deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

:cool:
    memaul wrote: »
    can someone help me. i'm buying an item and its 19.99. it jumps up to 29.69 at checkout which is its price before the discount. will i be charged this amount or what. 6 minutes left to complete the deal

Keep going through to the end and the discount will be applied. Hope you enjoy the rake...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭memaul

above sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Kajor wrote: »
    Amazon, with these rakes, you are really spoiling us.

rakes-cr001-14fl-cr003-12fl-376.jpg

Can you not imagine how many people you could turn into Sideshow Bob with these at your disposal,bargain alert of the year for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tumblr_l8hxknNmRf1qdoghio1_400.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

anyone else having problems viewing the listings ?
    i can page 1 but thats it on both sites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Just bagged a "Lexar 32GB Micro SDHC High Speed Card with Reader - Class 10 Extreme Speed"

£24.99 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Inception Blu-ray for €8.30 (Not the special Case version)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Is there anything worth while coming up such as consoles etc? Whats with all the socks and rakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Just about resisted the copious amount of socks being offered over the past 2 days and nearly crumbled at the chance to buy a MUG.

There is a lot of junk being thrown in to clear the stock rooms but every so often something will pop up that YOU want.

Everybody is different. Some might like the socks, other want big tecchy items.

I just like bargains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

I think so too, just bought one. Cheers.

• Advertisement

I wonder if the little speaker thing coming up at 4pm is any cop? I recently bought a monitor to connect my Xbox to, but the volume level is pretty gash, I just need something to give it a bit of a boost.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Just about resisted the copious amount of socks being offered over the past 2 days and nearly crumbled at the chance to buy a MUG.

There is a lot of junk being thrown in to clear the stock rooms but every so often something will pop up that YOU want.

Everybody is different. Some might like the socks, other want big tecchy items.

I just like bargains.

i nearly crumbled and bought 15 pound socks :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Folks dont get too carried away with these black friday deals. Amazons Christmas sales are just as good if not better. At least then you wont have 15mins to decide if you want it.

Looking at the Camerlizer and nearly all prices will be their lowest just after christmas. Some even on the 26th of December.

Unless there is something abnormally cheap that probably wont be that cheap ever i wont be buying anything. Saving my €€€ for the christmas sales on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Hogzy wrote: »
    Folks dont get too carried away with these black friday deals. Amazons Christmas sales are just as good if not better. At least then you wont have 15mins to decide if you want it.

Looking at the Camerlizer and nearly all prices will be their lowest just after christmas. Some even on the 26th of December.

Unless there is something abnormally cheap that probably wont be that cheap ever i wont be buying anything. Saving my €€€ for the christmas sales on Amazon.

generally speaking i agree. when it comes to dvds, cds and computer games the post christmas sales will be a much better bet. cos they will assume everyone who desperately wanted one got one for christmas. i shall hold out for those then, unless they offer something fantastic that i really want this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Don't listen to him! Its a trick so he can get all the socks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Good advice on the Christmas sales.

(Although its hard to see that 32GB micro SD card going any cheaper tbh)

Now all I need is an Xbox :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Sweet, just bagged me one of them for £15.99 as I had a £9 voucher as well. :D

how do you get vouchers...they game me a song voucher for 2£....that is for uk residents only...all ive ever got -_-

Hogzy wrote: »

What are you on about? There are rakes of good deals to be had here.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

how do you get vouchers...they game me a song voucher for 2£....that is for uk residents only...all ive ever got -_-

I've been getting them every now and then from doing online surveys and just spotted I had a €10 one hanging around unclaimed.

Edit: Looks like I've had €100 of vouchers for Amazon in the last 4 years, so not exactly big money, but better than nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

abelard wrote: »
    There are rakes of good deals to be had here.

They'd knock the socks of ye.

robinph wrote: »
    I've been getting them every now and then from doing online surveys and just spotted I had a €10 one hanging around unclaimed.

Edit: Looks like I've had €100 of vouchers for Amazon in the last 4 years, so not exactly big money, but better than nothing.

surveys you say, interesting! must have a look at some wherever they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Amazon ususally do cashback deals with some products where your cashback will be in the form of vouchers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Bought something yesterday, got this email this morning:

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.co.uk.

Your recent order ............. entitles you to a promotional code that you can apply on your next qualifying order.

Your promotional code: ..................

Promotion details:
    Additional information on this offer can be found here.

Dear Customer

Congratulations. As you spent £10 or more on Amazon.co.uk during our offer week, here is your £2 voucher to spend on any MP3 album with Amazon MP3. Downloading music is quick and easy, and downloads work with iTunes, Windows Media Player, MP3 players (including iPods and iPads), and mobile phones (including iPhone and Android & Blackberry devices). We’re sure you’ll find something great to listen to.

To redeem your voucher visit www.amazon.co.uk/mp3 and add any MP3 album to your basket. (Please note it must be an album, not tracks.) Enter your unique voucher code into the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box at checkout and the credit will be redeemed against your purchase.

Happy listening!

Amazon MP3

The promotion code must be used by 31 December 2011. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.co.uk

Wow, that watch with the green dial that just hit at 4pm;

Now £50, down from £130...

Was £42 two weeks ago

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Jurassic Park trilogy on blu ray works out at €28.88 with free postage to Ireland.

Not bad at all.

Saw it going for more than €50 in a high street store today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

This watch that was claimed 100% yesterday is coming back in an hour and a bit:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0058Y3UYG?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Yesterday they said something like 225, down 70%, so nearly 70 sterling.

Looking at CamelCamelCamel, It was around 80 sterling all the way between August to October 2011.

I mean like, WTF is this Amazon?! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

positron wrote: »
    Looking at CamelCamelCamel, It was around 80 sterling all the way between August to October 2011.

What a great site, thanks!
    I had no idea it existed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

It's pretty handy alright. Try the firefox plugin, and double-checking the price history before buying stuff saves you a good bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Got the SD card, been needing one. Only thing though... so far!

• Advertisement
Advertisement