Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for Remington 223

Options
  • 28-10-2011 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi guys, I am thinking of buying a Remington 700 vsf 223 fluted new. What are yere thoughts on this rifle and how much would one cost in left hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

beanie10 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I am thinking of buying a Remington 700 vsf 223 fluted new. What are yere thoughts on this rifle and how much would one cost in left hand?

Aye I have one, so does JG.
    I like it... But it's not worth twice the price of my Howa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

No I don't, I've got a VL SS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

johngalway wrote: »
    No I don't, I've got a VL SS :D

Oh right!
    Mines a VSSF II

Sure they're all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭fitzy700

i traded one in to duffy's in galway it only had about 200 round's gone threw it,you should have a look at it it's like new it's threaded for a mod too worth a look anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

fitzy700 wrote: »
    i traded one in to duffy's in galway it only had about 200 round's gone threw it,you should have a look at it it's like new it's threaded for a mod too worth a look anyway

I was talking to them today sounds like a runner alright at reasonible price. I have it narrowed down to this 2nd hand remington or new Tikka T3 lite synthetic €1,100.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

€1,100 new for a T3 lite? Thats a little pricey. I've seen them going for between €800 to €1,050 depending on caliber.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Do you pay extra for left hand?

Not always, but depends on the dealer.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Do you pay extra for left hand?
    No, but you get stung with the plain jane rifles. Mostly Timber & blue or matt Black and black synthetic.

Unless you spend big Dolla on a rifle

I was talking to them today sounds like a runner alright at reasonible price. I have it narrowed down to this 2nd hand remington or new Tikka T3 lite synthetic €1,100.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    the tikka are a lovely gun but that one sounds a bit dear to bo honest that remington i was telling you about has all the bells and whistles,a hs precision stock a 26 inch fluted heavy barrel with a satin finish you wont get them with the tikka unless you give out a lot of dosh :)

• Advertisement

beanie i forgot to mention if you want me to send you on some pictures of the remington i still have some just let me know

fitzy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Ezridax wrote: »
    €1,100 new for a T3 lite? Thats a little pricey. I've seen them going for between €800 to €1,050 depending on caliber.

looking at the sites its around €1100 for the lite stainless and €1000 for the blued barrel

Don't want to keep repeating this as it seems like i'm selling for them but Stakelums do the T3 lite for €795, and the hunter for €975. Avg price i've seen for these is €1,000, and €1,200 respectively. New prices.

I'm not complaining about the prices. Duffy's seem to be about the keenest for firearms, and usually set the bar for prices. Just saying, it pays to shop around.

TBH if it were me. There are three Tikka's for sale in the For Sale forum:
    1. Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless - €1,100 - Rifle, Mounts, Scope, Bipod, cleaning gear and Guncase.
    2. Tikka T3 lite Stainless - €1,100 - Rifle, Mounts, mod.
    3. Tikka T3 Tactical - €2,600 - Rifle, Mounts, Scope, Mod, Bipod, and Gun Safe.
    There is also Remmy;
    1. Remmy 700 SPS - €775 - Rifle, mounts, Bipod.
    2. Remmy 700 VLS - €850 - Rifle, mounts.

fitzy700 wrote: »
    beanie i forgot to mention if you want me to send you on some pictures of the remington i still have some just let me know

fitzy

That would be great fitzy if you could thanks

no bother pic's sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 SASSniper

Ezridax wrote: »
    Don't want to keep repeating this as it seems like i'm selling for them but Stakelums do the T3 lite for €795, and the hunter for €975. Avg price i've seen for these is €1,000, and €1,200 respectively. New prices.

I'm not complaining about the prices. Duffy's seem to be about the keenest for firearms, and usually set the bar for prices. Just saying, it pays to shop around.

TBH if it were me. There are three Tikka's for sale in the For Sale forum:
    1. Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless - €1,100 - Rifle, Mounts, Scope, Bipod, cleaning gear and Guncase.
    2. Tikka T3 lite Stainless - €1,100 - Rifle, Mounts, mod.
    3. Tikka T3 Tactical - €2,600 - Rifle, Mounts, Scope, Mod, Bipod, and Gun Safe.
    There is also Remmy;
    1. Remmy 700 SPS - €775 - Rifle, mounts, Bipod.
    2. Remmy 700 VLS - €850 - Rifle, mounts.

prity accurate pricing

Advertisement