Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbinectomy

Options
  • 28-10-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Has anyone had a turbinectomy /reduction of turbinates out there in Ireland. I have had one and got terrible complications, dryness insomnia shallow breathing after one year. I wasnt told what they were for.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

How's your breathing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rollerdisco

Totally messed up, very shallow and Im always thinking about it and Im hyper sensitive to cold and mold which makes the winter a bad time for me.

I think student ENTs have to do these before the can become proper ENTs, they dont have a clue what turbinates are for here in Ireland or dont care. Its not like an Eye and Ear which can be seen.

Turbinates are for humidifying and heating the air also to cause resistance to tell brain you are breathing. In Ireland this is not known. There are many nerves and it creates the shape of nostil sides. Student docs dont touch these things its butchery. dont mind what the Prof says. there is no timon this earth for this type of procedure.

Dont let doctors in Ireland take out our turbinates.

• Advertisement

Totally messed up, very shallow and Im always thinking about it and Im hyper sensitive to cold and mold which makes the winter a bad time for me.

What i'm going to say will not find agreement with everyone, but i'd suggest you try a stand up sunbed and see if there's any improvement. I don't know why there should be, but i've a friend who suffered like you and found this REALLY helpful. You've nothing to lose but about a €10 for 10 mins. Let us know if you try it, how you get on, please.

Unfortunatley dryness is the main issue with turbinectomies is the dryness caused by increased airflow from open nostrils and lack of mucus tissue , so a tanning session seems counter productive. How is this guy getting on now.

Unfortunatley dryness is the main issue with turbinectomies is the dryness caused by increased airflow from open nostrils and lack of mucus tissue , so a tanning session seems counter productive. How is this guy getting on now.

Hi Roller,
    he's in great form, no problems and is taking a tanning session one day a week all the time, with no drawbacks at all. I'm just after ringing him and the stand uo tan session lasts 8 mins and costs €6. He's got no idea why the thing works, or helps him, but he says it has cured him. That's why he's continuing with it, he looks brilliant as well.

Did he have his turbinates reduced on both sides as this happened to me, dont see any means of improvement , they dont grow back. ENTs in Ireland should not do this, it does NOT work and causes unbelievable problems.

I don't know, all i know is that he's in perfect health and swears that it's all down to the sunbed. I know no more.

• Advertisement

What is it that blocks your nose ....its the turbinates swelling to protect your inner nose from irritants and cold air...it might be uncomfortable but dont let the Eye and Ear and Nose people in Hospitals take them out as it is hell getting air in when it is dry and shallow. Its like having an itchy finger so chop the finger off.:eek:

You dont want to end up with a empty nose stay away from surgery rhinitis sufferers, dont go to and Eye and Ear and Nose Hospital pray to St Vincents.

who took my turbinates out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

op, please stop posting variations on the same post. perhaps a blog would suit your needs better.

thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement