Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will there never be an end to crashes

Options
  • 28-10-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭

Im sitting here typing this grinding my teeth because I spend good money on a computer and bf3 game and nothing I do works

My computer specs are

Intel Core i5-2500K
    2x gtx570 (latest driver 285.62)
    4gb ram
    windows 32bit

Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3
    Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
    RAM: 2GB
    Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
    Graphics card memory: 512 MB
    Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
    Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3
    Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
    RAM: 4GB
    Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.
    Graphics card memory: 1 GB
    Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
    Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

I dont meet recommended settings but Minimum is grand, I just set the settings to low and off I go

But nope crashes again

I do see the ram is at like 2.71gb In task manager during the game), pretty darn high when windows 7 32bit doesnt even use the full 4gb (not sure how much is uses)

Iv tried uninstalling and re-installing the game but no luck, tried disabling the sli but also no luck

Do ye think it just needs windows 7 64 bit and possibly more ram

I would really appreciate the help here :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Elaborate on crash dude..

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Elaborate on crash dude..

hey mate

During a match the game just freezes and I have to press ctrl alt delete to escape the game and then once im out this comes up

1RYCZ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Headshot wrote: »
    hey mate

During a match the game just freezes and I have to press ctrl alt delete to escape that program and then once im out this comes up

1RYCZ.png

Headshot my dear friend, we have the same problem you and I along with many users on NVIDIA and BF forums, I had to install a new BIO for my GPU, allowed the campaign to work for about 2 missions then multiplayer lasts about 5 minutes, sorry Im not any help but your not alone, this is sickening to say the least.

Specs:

Intel i5 2500k 3.33GHz
    4GB DDR RAM
    650 XFX Gaming PSU
    1155 Motherboard
    Gigabyte NVIDIA 560ti GTX GeForce
    Windows 64 Bit

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Headshot my dear friend, we have the same problem you and I along with many users on NVIDIA and BF forums, I had to install a new BIO for my GPU, allowed the campaign to work for about 2 missions then multiplayer lasts about 5 minutes, sorry Im not any help but your not alone, this is sickening to say the least.

Specs:

Intel i5 2500k 3.33GHz
    4GB DDR RAM
    650 XFX Gaming PSU
    1155 Motherboard
    Gigabyte NVIDIA 560ti GTX GeForce
    Windows 64 Bit

Yap 5mins is my average too

Its really heart wrenching that this is happening tbh

The few minutes iv played it was unreal, the graphics even on low was somthing to be hold

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Foreverdelayed

I had the same problem, so I joined a server and didn't touch anything until it loaded up itself and it works fine when I do that. Probably not the same problem as yours but I was getting the same crash and I have a Nvidia GTX480.

• Advertisement

I had the same problem, so I joined a server and didn't touch anything until it loaded up itself and it works fine when I do that. Probably not the same problem as yours but I was getting the same crash and I have a Nvidia GTX480.

I honestly have no idea, its GPU related anyway, because when I installed the bio flash it extended my play time, but its still a joke, and I may not be able to return it because it's a PC game, and the whole "Your responsibility to know if your PC can run it!"

iv tried Krieg post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75191053&postcount=2655

And so far it has worked, I had 2 great games there without trouble but this has happened before so ill give it a few more games and judge it from there

btw how class is the hitmark detection in this game unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

If it turns out to be an Nvidia problem you can be sure there will be a new set of drivers fairly quick . Did ye do the old manual punkbuster update ? just incase it might be related .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Disable SLI and give it a shot. I had SLI problems in the bets.

DICE are currently working on a patch and new drivers for the extensive crashes, Still though, I wanted to get as much game time out of this as possible before MW3.

http://gamebooze.com/battlefield-3-bf3-pc-crash-fix-and-fixes-to-freezes-errors-stuttering-poor-fps-lagging-mouse-bugs-ctd-launch-crash-origins-crash/

• Advertisement
Advertisement