Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum permbans points system or something

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

ISAW wrote: »
    Do you really think some moderators make a habit of goading non mods?

No.

Thanks for underlining my actual point though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

Nodin wrote: »
    No.

Thanks for underlining my actual point though.

So by "the history of some the participants in this and other threads," you meant non mods?
    In particular you meant me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ISAW wrote: »
    So by "the history of some the participants in this and other threads," you meant non mods?
    In particular you meant me?

he meant flutterinbantam.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Is that the one after your first or second re-admittance after a permanent ban form the soccer forum? I am sure that the strictures placed upon you were a harder back then, of course you could go and lie about receiving pms on the subject if you so choose.

TBH as you have repeatedly said that you have no interest in rejoining the soccer forum, I have no idea why I am even engaging with you.

Careful now, I have copies of all my pm's.

Could you answer my question rather than attack me, Remember attack the post not the poster.

Where has this notion of readmittance under licence come from? Is it boards policy or did you just make it up?

TBH as you have repeatedly said that you have no interest in rejoining the soccer forum, I have no idea why I am even engaging with you.

As you've said you have no interest in modding soccer I don't know why you still do it. I can publish the pm if you want to dispute that..

BTW this is feedback not a DRP

tbh wrote: »

I appreciate if he confirmed that and apologies in advance if I mistakenly thought it was me.
    On a related note.,, I don't claim to be always be right, nor isthis about other posters and their personal bans.

The thing is what sort of standards of posting do boards want?
    Do you want the normal "chewing gum" of mass media twitter one liners with no depth?
    Do you want in depth analysis and debate.
    Maybe a mixture of both?
    Woudl yo unoit thin Christianity or Politics would have more in depth discussion?
    Why should an elitist bunch get to decide that only their mindset is acceptable and ban other posters especially when those other posters continually challenge the "accepted view"?
    I'm not asking for you to agree with just
    1. show people where they am wrong (in your view)
    2. don't prevent them continually showing up the errors and shortcomings of other posters by banning them basically for being overly thorough in their replies. "You are banned. Your responses are too detailed and pedantic."

• Advertisement

I was speaking of a number of individuals across a number of threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

name them so.

name them so.

Flutterinbantham, the muppet, Isaw (and those are only the ones that come to mind at the moment).

Was I any of these individuals to whom you were referring?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

closing this one as the OP has been left quite far behind in the discussion.

update to the charter by the way. It would be in everyone's best interest to give it a read.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement