Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated Garmin and still no motorways.

Options
  • 28-10-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭

Was recently going on a trip from Limerick to Monaghan and while I could get there no hassle at all I thought it would be handy to update the maps on my garmin (for the first time since I got it 3 years ago) so that I could have more accurate roads and arrival times etc....

When I plugged it in to the computer garmin told me I could pay a once off fee for up to 4 updates a year for the life of my device or a fee for one update. I went for the once off fee for life. Was so disappointed when I updated my maps and realised it still did not have the new roads which are open a good while at this stage.

It was a very expensive update to come away with nothing newer than what I had already.

Are there any updates out with the new motorways?
    If not are they expected soon?
    Or have I just wasted about 90euro?

My device is a garmin nuvi 200w. Anybody that could give me more info it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Garmin motorway updates in Ireland are pretty awful, was in Spain several years back and latest updates even showed proposed motorways, cant remember if they were indicated by dotted lines or in a different colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

Jofspring wrote: »
    Was recently going on a trip from Limerick to Monaghan and while I could get there no hassle at all I thought it would be handy to update the maps on my garmin (for the first time since I got it 3 years ago) so that I could have more accurate roads and arrival times etc....

When I plugged it in to the computer garmin told me I could pay a once off fee for up to 4 updates a year for the life of my device or a fee for one update. I went for the once off fee for life. Was so disappointed when I updated my maps and realised it still did not have the new roads which are open a good while at this stage.

It was a very expensive update to come away with nothing newer than what I had already.

Are there any updates out with the new motorways?
    If not are they expected soon?
    Or have I just wasted about 90euro?

My device is a garmin nuvi 200w. Anybody that could give me more info it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Actual map detail on current map update (V 2012.2) is shown here Most major new roads are covered. Double check that the unit has actually been updated rather than mapping having been just downloaded to your PC for later loading to your device (MapInstall ) - settings/map/MapInfo......

The 200W will not take the full map update (all Europe by default) and needs an SD card in the side of the unit to take it - otherwise mapping probably just sitting on your PC and your unit has not been updated at all yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Will hook it up again and see. It did tell me it wouldn't take Europe but I thought it then said downloading uk & Ireland instead. Will give it another try tomorrow as its the work computer I have the updat software on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

garydubh wrote: »
    Actual map detail on current map update (V 2012.2) is shown here Most major new roads are covered.
    Just checked the M7. Big chunk of it still missing, which was originally opened in 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Just checked the M7. Big chunk of it still missing, which was originally opened in 2010.

The good news is that 2012.30 was released today and M7 all there now

Jofspring - download again - you are entitled to this version also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement