Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Life (Sub 80)

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

Well done fix! was it your home course st Annes?

You'll defo do it again and next time you be more comfortable down the stretch as this will stand to you as experience!

I've even see it in my own game although a world away from your game. I am now putting regular for birdies and don't bottle it like so many times in the past or if I go on a run of pars don't get carried away. Just have to work on holding my nerve on the 18th when I know a par or lower will give me a chance of winning :D there's always something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Next do it with a card in your back pocket!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

dar_cool wrote: »
    Next do it with a card in your back pocket!!!

And some witnesses... He was +1 for the final 3 holes that were witnessed.

He was probably playing the better ball of 2 balls up until that. :)
    He's also fairly liberal with his provisionals so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a few penalties ignored....

G'man Fix ;)

Ah He was on his own for most of it! ffs that doesn't count :D

As my mate said to me when I drove the green on the 12th on my home course 330yds Par 4. him: who was with you? me: know one I was on my own. him: Never happened...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

That's just savage Fixed! You'll never forget that! One question though, did you play off the red tips with the rest of the ladies? ;):pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Loving the posts - but not too bothered about golf now.

I'm looking for a new hobby - said to the lads today.
    I'll meet my pre existing obligations - then Spanish Guitar next - looks bleeding hard.
    To think I worried about putting.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53395825

This lad had the same idea - got to 1 post . (lol)

yea,, yea,, you'll never be able to walk away its like a drug ;)

benny79 wrote: »
    yea,, yea,, you'll never be able to walk away its like a drug ;)

Only thing benny - never go too far with drugs.

Never the same - they say.

Anyway - what is a plectrum.

you think there are stroppy feckers here - jaysus , this music forum :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Hope you're going to mount the card, glove & ball on a plaque or something fix. Nice to have a little memento of the occasion for yourself

Hope you're going to mount the card, glove & ball on a plaque or something fix. Nice to have a little memento of the occasion for yourself

Jaysus E....... ;)

I'm not that precious. The card yes - just to remember. Used ball today.

But - that is why I post the rubbish I posted here - to me it was like a little diary of what I had to do.

Just didn't think it would take so bleeding long.

Anyway - it is all tomorrows chip paper now.
    The world is a fast place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭bamayang

A most enjoyable read!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jimbee

Stop thinking about the shots you lost instead focus on the ones you made. In detail I mean recall them when your in your chair in the evening. An old book called Better golf without practice by Alex Morrison cost nearly €500 as its out of print but you might be able to get a pdf

Hi Jimbee you do realise this thread is 10 years old 😊 and having played with FixdePitchmark in the boards society I can assure you hes a well accomplished single figure golfer these days 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭blue note

I'm flicking through this thread and enjoying it. I'm not reading it all because there's a lot in here! But it's a compelling read!

Interestingly I see plenty of my own game in where you started. Makes me think of how hard it is to actually get down below 80! But good distance, losing too many drives, particularly from a slice. Definitely familiar!

I've actually shot 80 3 times on par 72 courses. Only one in comp, so that's the only one I have a record of my scores. Looking back at it - I'd two doubles and a triple! And I finished bogey, par, bogey, bogey. If it was in my destiny to break 80, surely it would have been that day!

Very old thread..didn't see this raise its head in shame again.

But on the point , breaking 80 is tough, very tough. Even when you get to single figures you might break 80 - 5 times in your 20 counting rounds in whs .

So many parts of the game can go wrong

1) if your driving is wild, you haven't a hope. As this can easily put a 7 or 8 on the card maybe twice in a round.

2) you need to hit greens in regulation, you can have periods when the irons are not being hit right at all. This can go on for weeks , months.

3) chipping and wedge play can totally fall apart for me and you will struggle, if part 1 and 2 is not right

4) then putting is a complete mystery for most and a few 3 putts for amateurs is not unusual..in fact , you can have periods when you miss too many putts for months.

5) on top of above, we are amateurs and a blow out of an 8 or 9 is not exactly rare . Two balls ob , a shank into a Bush twice , stuck in rough or a bunker, a lost ball.

My recommendation is don't try .......

Joking.... but golf is bloody hard.

It is remarkable that the only significance of 80 is that it is divisible by 10. It actually has no physical meaning in golf. I tend to find 9 over a more significant point in golf.

9 over is great golf. But nobody gets excited about an 81.

A new movement of the 9 over club is needed.

Advertisement