Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should moderators be Validated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

I may have left leanings but to lump me in with the occupy crowed is insulting and leading, this is exactly why you have a following of diametrically opposite posters. My problem with you is based on my beliefs that you are not everything you would have people believe......

Little things like the whole Farmer from donegal who went to Princeton and came back enlightened with libertarianism....

You see claims of being a very successful entrepreneurial free spirit,the €5000 bet on Michael D to win presidency, €1.5m in bank shares, being staunch FF last year and calling them left looneys this don't fit right with me.
    Then there is your complete refusal to engage in a proper debate unless its structure suits your loaded questions.......

I have a difficulty with you and your coterie of so called libertarians spouting rubbish that I believe is harmful and morally repulsive,

Essentially I think there is something amiss with you, the posting, the boasting and the lack of clarity all contribute to this.

This is the point of the thread, in my opinion your supposed views have no place in a just and equal society and if given time to flower (you have been using boards for your soapboxing long enough now) will be damaging to anyone who is for reasons of nature not as strong as the alpha male.

The idea of validation doesn't imply I would silence you, quite the opposite, I would have you and your ilk in clear view, the idea is just for the direction of boards and how they would be perceived externally, say for example you were made mod of the Politics forum tomorrow then it would send a clear signal that there is support for your ideologues and I think it could be harmful,

As for myself, you can question my motives and trawl my posts for stupidity (of which there is many), drunken posts and contradictions but I always say what I mean and no ulterior motives, my postings here are just simply musings in the moment...... like this one.

On a similar but lighter note I will admit to a certain movement from the left to the centre in the time I've being using boards, maybe its age.

what was that falsly attributed to churchull quote,

"If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Corsendonk wrote: »
    yearly validations of Mods just for starters. Just not a practical idea.

Isn't that what mod beers is for? :pac:

And another one bites the dust. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Shield wrote: »
    Validated by who?

Coast guard?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

correct me if i'm wrong here, but are people not meant to be having a discussion in politics forum rather than poking fun?
    and that most people hold mods (regardless of which forum they are in charge of) to a higher standard of posting?

maybe this is why people find it more offensive than that from a normal poster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

thanks, i was wrong, i thought you were referring to the normal politics forum not the light hearted cafe subforum,

your post seemed to imply that it was the normal politics forum, but thanks for clarifying that up.

i can't see why people would be annoyed of what you said in that sub forum ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It should probably be pointed out that there isn't a whole lot of point to this thread anymore as it seems the OP has closed their account.

Blowfish wrote: »
    It should probably be pointed out that there isn't a whole lot of point to this thread anymore as it seems the OP has closed their account.
    that's sad ... :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I would like to confirm that.

I very rarely read the Politics forum. When us Admins are choosing a new Mod for that forum, the persons politics are never discussed and would not be known by most of us.
    We would also not know if you are male or female, what colour you are, your religion or lack there of, your sexual preference or your age.
    We don't care.

The requirements for choosing a mod have to do with having a level head, half a brain and cop on.
    That's it.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    The requirements for choosing a mod have to do with having a level head, half a brain and cop on.
    That's it.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

davoxx wrote: »

:D:D*

davoxx wrote: »

Is that feedback davoxx?

I have no clue what you are trying to communicate there.

Same goes for you User Friendly.

Is that feedback davoxx?

do i really need to spell it out?

ask Davoxx why he thanked a post,the gave it the it the:rolleyes: in the next post?
    cheers:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Amber Lamps

He thanked a joke

He thanked a joke

yeah,thats cleared it up

Is that feedback davoxx?

please don't ban me ... someday i want to be a mod too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,495 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That's it.

Well I suppose if you only had half a brain you would have a level head...it would be kind of flat on top :D Still I hope I wasn't asked to be a mod on that basis ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

That's it.

I hope their is a long waiting list of mod candidates or it doesn't speak well of any boards members not mods!:D

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    Well I suppose if you only had half a brain you would have a level head...it would be kind of flat on top :D Still I hope I wasn't asked to be a mod on that basis ;)

You weren't asked personally. When they shouted you were the only one that heard them :D

In the land of the deaf the one eared man is king :pac:

looksee wrote: »
    I hope I wasn't asked to be a mod on that basis ;)

I'm afraid you were flathead. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Can we update the requirements to "at least half a brain"?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    Can we update the requirements to "at least half a brain"?
    no ... it has to be exactly ½ of a full brain, no less no more ... :D
    i'd be more annoyed about having a flat head :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I wonder if you mod in Arts does it need to be the right half of your brain?

Or the left half in you mod in Science? :pac:

Dades wrote: »
    I wonder if you mod in Arts does it need to be the right half of your brain?

Or the left half in you mod in Science? :pac:
    i thought it was the back half ... :D

Well obviously it has to be the bottom half.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Does anyone want to continue the original premise of this thread or are we done?

Trojan wrote: »
    Does anyone want to continue the original premise of this thread or are we done?

:o oops sorry, that was mostly my fault!

The original proposal, I think we have agreed that validation other than by previous posts and behaviour, which are open to investigation by everyone, is pretty well impossible (and unnecessary). And as someone else pointed out, the OP has lost interest and left.

• Advertisement

Trojan wrote: »
    if we can suggest methods, perhaps a logic test and a personality test might be good for determining mods?

Advertisement