Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to build a gaming PC online, have budget of around €1000

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

HovaBaby wrote: »
    Also, will hardwareversand.de send a UK/Ireland plug with the computer? ie not the mainland europe plug.

No. They're cheap as hell and easy to come by, though.

Can't answer your other question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Some people have said that they do give you the plug. It might depend on the PSU or if they have the correct plugs in stock- or maybe it's when they build the machine that they give you the plug. They're the same for any monitor/PC or even most electric kettles, so they're not too rare if you need one.

I've never heard of them shipping pieces separately. They ship when everything is ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MakeNine

I heard they use standart post only? How long would a parcel take to reach this edge of Europe :p?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 aaroncurran

No. They're cheap as hell and easy to come by, though.

Can't answer your other question.

I'm thinking of getting my new rig from HWVS and if they don't send an Irish plug with it then where abouts would i get one or would it be ok just to use an adapter ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I'm thinking of getting my new rig from HWVS and if they don't send an Irish plug with it then where abouts would i get one or would it be ok just to use an adapter ?

I wouldn't trust an adapter long term, but the cables are literally about €2/3 each, and if you own any old monitors or kettles, you can probably salvage one.

They're called C13 power leads, but are commonly sold as Kettle leads on amazon and the likes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 aaroncurran

I wouldn't trust an adapter long term, but the cables are literally about €2/3 each, and if you own any old monitors or kettles, you can probably salvage one.

They're called C13 power leads, but are commonly sold as Kettle leads on amazon and the likes.

So if my PSU comes with a german plug and i go on Amazon and purchase a C13 lead it will fit a Corsair TX750W Modular PSU ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭HovaBaby

What about the warranty when you order from them? Is there a standard warranty.

Advertisement