Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 more reason i hate preorder DLC...

Options
  • 29-10-2011 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

Entering those long 12 digit keys to activate ****, which is already on my disc...

Got forza4 and i needed to enter 3x12 digit codes to get my stuff...

Battlefield 2x12 digit codes to enter...

i am pc gamer and i was entering cd keys all the time, but this is taking a new level with consoles and DLCs. being worse - you need to enter that in crapy xbox controller, not keyboard.

i might be a lazy bastard, but for good few games i was not arsed putting in those codes...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

PS3 supports USB keyboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So does 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

You can also get a wee clip-on keypad for your contoller. Works much the same as qwerty keyboard would on a mobile phone. Handy little job to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

It really is rediculous, This anti re-sale game companies have is because they dont make any money out of it. But they do they get the €60 euro that paid for the game i the first place.
    Greedy corporate scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I miss the time where I had to complete Resident Evil 3 with good ranks to unlock the boutique key and get the awesome new costumes instead of having them as DLC or pre-ordering to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The more people continue to purchase DLC the longer it will stay around. I personally detest this crap with a passion. I pay money to buy a product, I expect the full product for my money.

DarkJager wrote: »
    The more people continue to purchase DLC the longer it will stay around. I personally detest this crap with a passion. I pay money to buy a product, I expect the full product for my money.
    But there in lies the problem, Take this Darkwing DLC for Arkham city thats out on Nov 1. It has obviously been in the works a while i mean before the main game went gold maybe it should of been realeased on the game when it released but it didnt instead we have to pay for it.
    I dont usually buy DLC last time i did it was for oblivion (not the horse armor) but i want more batman so i have to pony up.
    They give you a taste and then make more and more money while complaining they arent making money of re-sales 0of something they already got profit from.
    Remember add ons used to be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Would people have less problem if the (pre-order) DLC and all that went straight to the developers (like Humble Bundles for PC), instead the publishers? I'd say it'd be less annoying, since you'd be properly supporting them via DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i am actuolly not that annoying about fact of DLC ( this time ), but fact, that with the game i payed full price already, i have to go and enter all those codes etc.

forza4 is great game, but this 3x12 codes DLC was overkill... i did not even putted in that gamestop ALFA ROMEO pack... i did not bothered with gamestop BF3 preorder code too. i just couldnt be ****ed.

• Advertisement

LiamN wrote: »
    Would people have less problem if the (pre-order) DLC and all that went straight to the developers (like Humble Bundles for PC), instead the publishers? I'd say it'd be less annoying, since you'd be properly supporting them via DLC.
    Thats one of the major problems EA and the like buy up these small companies and give the developers fúck all but deadlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

deathrider wrote: »
    You can also get a wee clip-on keypad for your contoller. Works much the same as qwerty keyboard would on a mobile phone. Handy little job to have.

Chatpad is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Remember add ons used to be free.

Maybe I'm not old enough but I don't remember this at all.

I didn't get more characters for Street Fighter 2 on the SNES because my parents wouldn't buy it for me.
    However I did buy Blue Shift and Opposing Force for Half-Life. I also purchased Frozen Throne for Warcraft and Brood Wars for Starcraft. Along with countless other add-ons that cost money and would very likely be far cheaper today as DLC.

I wont' argue that all DLC is fantastic. Some of it is terrible and a clear cash-in. Some of it, as with pre-order DLC or these DLC codes that come with every version, are money-marketing/marketing scheme that can be good or bad. Some of it is fantastic though and can add it to a game in numerous ways and sometimes you don't even need to buy it.

I recently purchased the Godfather game for the second time and found that it has added some DLC. Some of it seems really good (extra missions/content), some of it seems really bad (best weapons/henchmen) but it seems to have funded a lot of free content so that playing through the game is very nearly a new experience. If the same devs made Godfather 2 then I'm tempted to buy that again.

(Off-Topic ramble : This is a great example of how smart developing and publishing can make everyone money. I happened to purchase both these games new. Even if I hadn't purchased one new, I would have bought two new. Re-purchasing both I bought pre-owned which is good profit for the shops and I now may go and buy some DLC. Yay profit all round)

My main point is that DLC in all forms is not black and white. Stop being part of the rabble and think about the issue.

Advertisement