Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Extender Multiple Networks

Options
  • 29-10-2011 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I am trying to extend the range of a Wireless Network and have purchased a Netgear Universal Wifi Range Extender WN3000RP. The location that I need it for has a number of other wireless networks within the building. How do I specify the wireless network that I am trying to extend. It seems to be working for a different wireless network but not the one I am trying to extend. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You cannot have multiple wireless networks without careful channel planning. Any channel overlaps will cause interference which results in serious dropouts and slowdowns. I do not recommend wireless extenders as they halve the bandwidth available. If at all possible run a cable, it's the only method guaranteed to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dextor03

Cable not an option. Configured a wireless repeater and it seems to have done the job.

Advertisement