Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation near Foxrock

Options
  • 29-10-2011 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I've got a 2-week placement in the Lycée Francais d'Irlande in the January. The school is on Foxrock Avenue, so I'm looking for somewhere close by.

I don't have my full licence, not very familiar with that part of Dublin and considering how awful the weather was last January, I wouldn't feel comfortable driving, so it would have to be somewhere within maybe 10 minutes walk? (Again, don't want to be traipsing to school for a half an hour on what are likely to be icy footpaths, maybe snow)

I haven't really had much luck finding a place so I'd really appreciate if anyone that knows the area could send on phone numbers/ websites etc. I'm open to any type of accommodation really -digs, a room in a student house, apartment etc. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Maybe contact the BNS / GNS beside LFd'I? The parents associations there often organize rooms and beds for 'foreign language students' during the summer etc. I'm sure they'd be able to find someone who'd be willing to take someone for two weeks for a couple of quid.

Apart from that, UCD is very close by, so there is plenty of Digs, student RES near there, a look on www.daft.ie could turn something up, especially if its January considering that some colleges are not back until close to the end of Jan, so maybe some students will want to sub-let while they are 'home'.

Advertisement