Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't download HD expansion pack! :mad:

Options
  • 29-10-2011 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭

Can someone please help! I have over 43GB on my Xbox harddrive, but when I go to download the HD expansion pack, it gets about 10% of the way then goes back to the "would you like to download the HD content..." screen again. I've played online multiplayer with it, so I can access the servers and the game works, it just looks like sh1t. Xbox is connected by cable to the internet 50meg UPC), so that shouldn't be a problem. Please help, I'm pulling my hair our here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

EA / Origin help centre haven't been too forthcoming on the issue either, I basically spent 20 mins musing to myself....
    you: Hello!
    you: I'm having trouble installing the HD content on the Xbox360 for Battlefield 3.
    you: I have over 46GB free on my HDD so it shouldn't be a space issue
    Kayla: Okay. Are you getting any error messages?
    you: And I've been able to play both single and multi player in standard def, so I can connect to the servers
    you: Nope, it just gets to about 10%, then the messages asking me to instal the HD content appears again
    Kayla: Okay would you mind waiting while I look into this issue really quick?
    you: No problem. Thanks!
    Kayla: You need a hard drive.
    you: As in an eternal one?
    Kayla: Yes the one that goes inside the xbox.
    you: I have one though, 60GB, with over 46GB free on it!
    you: I've seen people having this problem, but with the xbox slim, mine has a 60 GB hard drive in it
    Kayla: Do you have the old version of xbox 360?
    you: Yeah, well I got it in 2009 or so, I think
    Kayla: It may not be updated enough to run the software.
    you: So there;s nothing I can do?
    Kayla: You can have it updated. I believe you would contact XBOX about that.
    you: I'm up to date with all my xbox updates though
    you: So that shouldn't be the problem.
    you: I was wondering if I deleted the battlefield update from my xbox (the one that's 300mb or so) and then started again I might have some luck. I'm just concerned that if I do my online activation code will be voided?
    Kayla: If it does you can always come back and get another one.
    Kayla: Also you have installed origin as well correct?
    you: I think so, I've installed everything that I've been asked to anyway. Is there a way to check/
    Kayla: No really besides if the game will install correctly.
    you: Ok. I went into system setting on the dashboard, and went into memory -> games -> battlefield 3, and what I see are
    you: battlefield 3 title update - 167 MB, Online Pass - 56KB, Profile Save Data - 2MB, and Corrupted marketplace content - 96MB. I've tried deleting the corrupted bit and reinstalling the HD content, but it's still not working
    Kayla: Do you know how to delete those corrupted files?
    Kayla: Thats the reason it is not installing fully.
    you: It's still not working
    Kayla: Yea, unfortunately you will have to get the xbox updated.
    Kayla: You should contact them to see what you can do if they can not assist you feel free to come back and chat they can assist you further with the process.
    Kayla: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
    you: No. I guess I'll just have to settle for crappy standard def
    Kayla: I am very sorry for that. Please be assured we are working on this the best we can.
    Kayla: Thank you for contacting us at EA. It would be very much appreciate if you would fill out a small survey (located in your email) to let me know how my service was to you.
    you: Thanks. Sorry, I'm just a bit fristrated is all. Do you think there'll be another update that mightaddress this issue?
    Kayla: I do understand. and Yes.
    you: Alright, thanks. Well thanks for you time anyway.
    Kayla: Your very welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

SUCCESS

If anybody else is having this problem, I installed both discs to my harddrive, and was then able to magically instal the HD content.

Mods feel free to close if needs be.. I'm so happy now!

Advertisement