Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card upgrade advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

First you could take note of the .sys file and stop error from blue screen. Google should tell you what component it's failing on.

Then try safe mode and remove any graphics card drivers (if it is the gfx card) and boot back into normal mode.
    TheDoc wrote: »
    Problems problems problems

I'm pretty pissed off consdering anytime i do something like this, a simple straight forward upgrade, something goes wrong.

2 hours installing components.

The new CPU heatsink was a pain but now thats sorted.

Now the big problem is blue screens, jsut when I thought id seen enough when I installed my new sSD and ram a few months ago its back.

The PC is just constantly looping, I can get to the login screen and when i enter my password it goes into a blue screen and then constantly loops.

New components were a CPU and a GFX, literally cant get into anything.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

At this point reformatting is not an option I want to look at, but it might be a last resort.

Oddly enough pc has been running fine previous, however I did notice this

My mobo memory spec from the website
    4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory

The ram I use that I bought few months back
    Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MH

Weird, I'm running DDR3 in a DDR2 mobo, is that right/ ok ? No problems before plonking in the new CPU and GPU.

I always get so excited for these new pc parts then forget how much toruble i have with them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I;m only able to boot into safe mode with command prompt.

By the looks of things I can uninstall aTI drivers through that, found a good link to it. So I'll try that first and foremost.

Will also try catch the blue screen error, it dissapears fast enough so hard to write down.

I've done myself out a plan of action

1) Try command prompt uninstall
    2) Put in old GPU and try uninstall drivers, put in new card and install new drivers
    3) If above fails, go with old gpu, if it still blue screens, CPU problem
    4) Update bios
    5)all else fails, reformatt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Be sure when removing drivers to use driver sweeper. For some reason when you uninstall AMD drivers lots of crap is left behind which can cause system instability.

Still not able to log into the desktop, completely stumped.

Cant find my windows 7 boot disc so downloading a new one.

Will try system restore, will then see if i can load a bios update someway.

Then im just reformatting, ****it at this stage.

Everything up and running, reformatted.

Looked to be GPU drivers,

Havnt got my game drive hooked up, Sata cable a tight fit, will try now :O

• Advertisement

Had a good play around last night, game drive still not back in, must get a right angled Sata cable, since the GFX is covering my Sats a bit and making it awkward.

Seriously impressed so far. Noticable boost in speed on my pc with the CPU and watching films and streams are looknig alot higher quality.

I'd say the games are going to blow my rocks off

Advertisement