Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fine Gael: Another unfair party?

• 29-10-2011 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭

I'm beginning to think FG are a very unfair party. Looking at the recent way they dealt with bank shareholders. They gave AIB shareholders a vastly superior offer to IL&P despite AIB costing the state in the region of €20bln. I've tried contacting FG over this and no response.

You'd think with FF in the doldrums they'd go about things in a different manner.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

My understanding is currently FG are in a coalition with the Labour party - have you tried contacting them as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

And now paying for gays campaign costs:rolleyes: Yeah they sound like ffail team alright.
    Isnt it great how people keep voting these losers in to power.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Manach wrote: »
    My understanding is currently FG are in a coalition with the Labour party - have you tried contacting them as well?

Fair point, altho it's minister for finance who's responsible in this case. And I suppose he wasn't very fair either when dealing with the poor woman from Donegal years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Fine Gael = Finna Fail lite. Both parties centre right Irish political parties so there won't be much difference in them. Pity it's Gilmore in charge of Labour instead of Rabbite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

FG and FF are basically the same party

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

FG and FF are basically the same party
    Nah not really. I dont agree with FG's politics but they're nowhere near as bad as FF, no matter how many FF people want to believe that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Unhappy with how they helped shareholders OP?

Would have thought FG would be the party for you

After all Michael Noonan wanted to spend money on compensating Eircom investors.
    Michael Noonan said today that the cost of his proposal to allow small investors to offset their Eircom losses against taxable income would be €80m.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2002/0121/finegael.html

Fine Gael just love compensation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

mikemac wrote: »

After all Michael Noonan wanted to spend money on compensating Eircom investors.

Maybe he had a lot of Eircom shares himself? Now, they certainly gave AIB shareholders a good deal too, but I suspect there are irregularities with the way they handled IL&P, for instance, who leaked to the media that it was going to be nationalised before the results of the stress tests were carried out, leading to a farcical suspension? I would like to see an investigation into this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Of course FG are an "unfair" party. They're as culpable as FF and Lab in creating this kleptocracy which we're suffering under for now and ever more.

Speaking about unfairness I think basically we've got a caste system in Ireland now by that I mean there's the people in the public sector and then there's everyone else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

caseyann wrote: »
    And now paying for gays campaign costs:rolleyes: Yeah they sound like ffail team alright.
    Isnt it great how people keep voting these losers in to power.:D:D
    What are you on about? That is the benefit of being a.member of a political party.if Michael d had done terrible, labour would have footed his Bill.

• Advertisement

What are you on about? That is the benefit of being a.member of a political party.if Michael d had done terrible, labour would have footed his Bill.

The others are not having their bill footed by anyone.
    Is there nothing some of you Irish wont swallow and accept from cronyism of Irish government.:eek::( If Martin or Michael had their bill footed by their parties i would be saying the same and hypocrites.
    This country has no hope with the likes of this attitude:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Of course FG are an "unfair" party. They're as culpable as FF and Lab in creating this kleptocracy which we're suffering under for now and ever more.

Speaking about unfairness I think basically we've got a caste system in Ireland now by that I mean there's the people in the public sector and then there's everyone else.
    Very glad to see your comment re caste system. I was referring to this as evidence of a ' Two State ireland' but i suspect your use of the term ' caste' is even more appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Is there nothing some of you Irish wont swallow and accept from cronyism of Irish government.:eek::( If Martin or Michael had their bill footed by their parties i would be saying the same and hypocrites.

This is standard practice across the world. If Obama loses do you think he stumps up his presidential money himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

mikemac wrote: »

FF were happy to allow rich BES investors to have tiher investments subsidised by the taxpayer ! Look at one of SG's companies which benefitted from this scheme.

dsmythy wrote: »
    This is standard practice across the world. If Obama loses do you think he stumps up his presidential money himself?
    Yeah he should gets paid enough so does the other criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

doc_17 wrote: »
    Fine Gael = Finna Fail lite. Both parties centre right Irish political parties so there won't be much difference in them. Pity it's Gilmore in charge of Labour instead of Rabbite

Rabbitte is another ex stickie. He is no different in general to Gilmore.

Certainly, no more likeable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Why? A party has its own funds. Every organisation has its own funds. Funds raised via, well, you know, Galway tent etc cough. FG are no different really either, ask Loose Lips Creighton. Labour use to / still get their funding from Trade Unions. That is the realisation of politics or any public representative group, what rock have you just come out of?

You were very quite a couple of years ago. I don't recall you making much comment 4-5 years ago on this site or others, when the crap was hitting the fan.

Why are they hypocrites? THey are representing a political party. You think Michael D would have been able to pay for all those posters , including a newer version with tricolour in the background, without Labour funding?

"Croynisim"? I doubt Michael D would have had the appetite to represent us without help from Labour. Cars, tyres, food, shoes, posters, leaflets, advertising, postage etc don't come for free you know.

Norris, will have had his supporters foot up some of the money and his own dosh. It is known in many circles that Davis had assistance from people like Dennis O'Brien (so what by they way). As for Dana, god knows what right wing lunatic group helped her in funding.

You are not stupid enough to think McGuinness all / most funding came out of his own pocket are you?

It does sound a bit unfair to loose one's expenses, as it discourages the ordinary person of little money if they don't meet a quota but its intended to remove all frivolous candidates who never had a hope and hell in winning.

Come to think of it though, there is one hack , Benny Cooney, from Westmeath, who certainty does not have much money if any at all, but who has run for several constituencies for Dail Eireann in every election, even two in one election simultaneously. THis year West Dublin. Never even gets 200 votes on each occasion. How is he getting on the candidate ticket? (Rules are different of course)

Advertisement