Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth area: Meteor v Three mobile internet coverage

Options
  • 29-10-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Currently with Meteor, thinking of switching to Three for android phone with flexi max package. Three offers more data per month than meteor for same price. I don't know anyone on Three network. What is their call coverage and internet coverage for mobile like in Louth area.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mac3

great idea, never thought of that
    cheers CM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Just outside Drogheda here and in terms of data speeds, Meteor is miles better than 3. Use Speedtest.net on both connections at the same time of day if you get the chance and compare from there. Call coverage from both seems to be fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mac3

beardo81 wrote: »
    Just outside Drogheda here and in terms of data speeds, Meteor is miles better than 3. Use Speedtest.net on both connections at the same time of day if you get the chance and compare from there. Call coverage from both seems to be fine too.
    Ye beardo, gettin that impression from blogs/articles on 3. Seems like their data network is pretty crap and their customer service is even worse. 3 offers me 15GB data monthly with new smartphone while Meteor offers only 5GB for same price, however from what I've read, I'd be better off getting reliable 5GB than a 'bit here, bit there' 15GB
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

If its just for casual browsing, email, internet and YouTube etc then 5gb is more than enough. However is you are going to tether at home maybe to laptop or something else you should try a free 3 sim, nothing to lose by ordering one!

• Advertisement
Advertisement