Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Vodafone home broadband?

• 29-10-2011 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

My home broadband with Vodafone (using my old Zyxel Eircom router) has become randomly slow (snail pace slow) with intermittent red light for internet access.

We haven't changed network connection cables or such like or changed plan etc.

I manually checked all the router settings using the guidelines from the Vodafone website.

Thought I would check here first if anyone else is having problems to see if this is a system wide problem at the mo rather than hanging on hold for ages by calling customer service!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 maggiewhite

I am having the very same problem as you for the last few days.
    I have the same router as you as well.
    It must be a system wide fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Same problem here. They have such a lousy service I am thinking of switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 100pcblade

Mine has been running very slow after midnight the last few nights

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

constant periods of no connectivity (swapped router/filter/cables to rule out) over the last few weeks .Today its up for 60 seconds /down for 60 seconds.
    Rang support "sorry , line issues in maynooth eh...five working days to fix"
    Missus was supposed to work from home tonight , had to scrap that
    currently using my mobile here to type this
    absolute f£$king disgrace voting with my money and getting shot of them the second I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pa99

Same problem here. Router is connecting but net isn't usable.

Contacted them and they're balming the outages on the floods. Heading for day 4 now. Not good enough.

UPC it may have to be.

• Advertisement

Same problem here. Router is connecting but net isn't usable.

Contacted them and they're blaming the outages on the floods. Heading for day 4 now. Not good enough.

UPC it may have to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Yup went out in the middle of a fcking poker tournament for me last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

Same here 2 -3 times a week after midnight sometimes up to an hour!.
    If your lucky a few minutes, if your unlucky a few hours of RED light problems.

So much for 8mb Advanced Broadband!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Same for me over the past few days but I'm not surprised. I've dealt with this company so I'm used to been dragged through the sh1tter.

Well I've been on to them a few times today. They've had a look and now my up to 8 Mb line is only capable of 3Mb. Sometimes it doesn't even make 3 and drops off altogether. So a line fault between my place and the exchange is appaently the problem. Not too sure myself..

May actually move back to UPC. Can't believe I'm thinking of moving the tv from sky back to them to. Nothing but abusive tele sales calls from UPC last time around. That was the reason I left. Anyway , enough , semi rant over :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

It's been bad here this week - (D15), lots of brief outages and some longer ones that I notice listening to the radio in bed when I can't sleep. This evening has been a disaster.
    If it was the floods (which I was sort of expecting) why is it only in the last few days??

Apparently there are rolling blackouts in Dublin and our connections are being trimmed to pick up the slack. In my case trimmed = disconnected. Mine has been pretty bad for the last few days. My 8 Mb is now at 2Mb. Brutal.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭djman

Had slow problems for months, V often not staying connected for long periods, changed the phone cable and this helped a huge amount. The connector was slightly smaller than the tiny original one they sent, But this was obviously the one to use! got an Eircom router off a mate and no problems at all since!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

so in general is vodafone a good service? I thought they would use the same connectivity as Eircom?

would you pay an extra 7 quid to Eircom over these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ordinary Joe

As far as I know, BT sold their customers to Vodafone and in return Vodafone uses the BT LLU Network, so the eircom bit is just the Copper line to the house

Advertisement