Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move 2-month old to her own room?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

The hardest thing about the first year is finding out what works best for YOUR family. Whatever decisions you make there will be someone out there to make you feel guilty about it. If moving baby into her own room is going to allow you all to get a better nights sleep then best do it and don't waste your energy with feeling guilty about it.

For the record we kept our babies in our room at night up until they were sleeping through (about 9mths) as I found it easier to pick them up and breastfeed them in the bed. Sometimes they slept in the cot, sometimes in the bed, whatever let us all get the most rest.

The scaremongering that is going on in this thread is unbelievable. To all those posters who believe there is some kind of danger in baby sleeping in a room alone... a two month old baby sleeps around fourteen hours a day between naps and night sleeps. An adult will spend an optimistic eight hours in the scratcher. So for those other six hours that my baby is sleeping am I honestly supposed to tip toe around the bedroom counting my baby's breaths? Am I what? I'm a new mother- every moment that that child is sleeping and I am not is filled with doing laundry, making dinner, entertaining/preventing the outbreak of unholy war between the other kids, keeping the house vaguely together. Its unrealistic to expect a parent to constantly attend their sleeping child, not to mention unhealthy- a chilled out parent makes a chilled out baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Well said

Advertisement