Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prez Micheal D Higgins. The good, the bad,the ugly???

Options
  • 29-10-2011 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭

Michael D Higgins is a former vice-chairperson of the Irish Council Against Blood Sports

Michael D Higgins has a long track record of commitment to the campaign against bloodsports."
    Michael D Higgins Campaign Team, Oct 24, 2011

I must say it is absolutely outrageous to suggest that I and any Member of the Labour Party are in favour of cruelty to animals or bloodsports." Comment made during a debate on the Wildlife (Amendment) Bill 2010 which banned the Ward Union staghunt, 24 June 2010. Michael D Higgins spoke out against the bill that banned the Ward Union hunt but absented himself from the final vote on" medical grounds."

Taken from the ICABS website[29/10/2011 Italics mine]

Soo we now have a president "who will do us proud" is a high brow intellectual,and anti hunting which proably also translates into anti gunownership ,knowing his dislike of all things American,despite enjoying a schloarship in the USA [and the Herb no doubt in 1969!!!:p].

Good,bad or ugly and intresting times ahead for Irish shooting???Discuss..

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Alan 1990

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Michael D Higgins is a former vice-chairperson of the Irish Council Against Blood Sports

Michael D Higgins has a long track record of commitment to the campaign against bloodsports."

I must say it is absolutely outrageous to suggest that I and any Member of the Labour Party are in favour of cruelty to animals or bloodsports." Comment made during a debate on the Wildlife (Amendment) Bill 2010 which banned the Ward Union staghunt, 24 June 2010. Michael D Higgins spoke out against the bill that banned the Ward Union hunt but absented himself from the final vote on" medical grounds."

Soo we now have a president "who will do us proud" is a high brow intellectual,and anti hunting which proably also translates into anti gunownership ,knowing his dislike of all things American,despite enjoying a schloarship in the USA [and the Herb no doubt in 1969!!!:p].

Id like to think he has more important things to do like point the country in the right direction to get us out of the rut were in and that legally owned firearms and legal sports aren't going to be a priority in his mind to change right
    now!... Unless for the better

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,310 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You are making the same mistake that was constantly repeated throughout the election campaign in assuming that the president actually has any political power.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Zaph wrote: »
    You are making the same mistake that was constantly repeated throughout the election campaign in assuming that the president actually has any political power.
    What he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

What makes you think he is anti american as well? He just criticises what he thinks is wrong in certain areas of American foreign policy. He went to china for the release of chinese political prisoners but nobody accuses him of being anti chinese - strange that.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

Well if he is actually anti gun he's in the WRONG job considering he's now commander in chief of the DF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

So was President Clinton and her husband,and so is Obama...:P

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

So was President Clinton and her husband,and so is Obama...:P
    (a) The executive branch in the US system of government is vastly different to the office of the president in Ireland.
    (b) This complete phobia of democratic presidents amongst the more vocal firearms owners in the US is ... bafflingly inconsistent at best.
    (c) Seriously, are we this hard up for things to talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

He will be too busy reading poetry and raving about our national identity as saints and scholars to be any bother to us. Same old same old, the president is usually forgotten until some forgien dignitary is visiting and then he will be back to the Aras for the next couple of years. Look on the bright side, at least we now have a real leprechaun to send to visit Obama! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭.243

were you hoping for martin mcguninness to get in with the hope of our gun laws getting upgraded in our favour given his past :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

WTF has this got to do with the sport of shooting ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

because grizzly was asking did anyone think his anti bloodsport stance might effect us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

bazza888 wrote: »
    because grizzly was asking did anyone think his anti bloodsport stance might effect us?

I was refering to the post directly above mine and the general tone of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

the comment above about mcguinness has nothing to do with shooting your right baiq but its only joke sure

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭mightyabhabelle

emmh:D:D I thinking this has every right to be on this board as the election itself was the worst blood sport I ever seen...:rolleyes: actually speaking of blood sports I hear they are calling McGuinness 'The Dragon Slayer' :D:D... what sort of license do you need for that lol

Lets stick to what we know best 'Hunting' and leave the politics off the board...folks lol... its alright for a laugh... but its no fakin joke :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

what sort of license do you need for that

Not sure Martin would be too familiar with the licensing laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭mightyabhabelle

johngalway wrote: »
    what sort of license do you need for that

Not sure Martin would be too familiar with the licensing laws.

Lol. Very good John. Now let's gets back to who will have the biggest one come Tuesday. Very scare around this year. Anyone else think the same

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Please feel free to continue any discussion you wish about the new president in the politics forum.

Thread closed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement