Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test Your Hype! (Saturday, 10/12/11)

Options
  • 29-10-2011 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

It has come to my attention that there is not nearly enough mindless violence in our little community, and so with great anticipation, I present TYH, a tournament headlining Mortal Kombat 9!

The people have spoken, and I have listened.
    TYH will now be hosting a King Of Fighters: XIII tournament INSTEAD of a Street Fighter: Third Strike tournament. Get Hype!

The tournament will be hosted at the XGC, with three side tournaments.
    Those side tournaments will be a 2v2 MK tourney, BB, and KoF XIII.

Entry Fee
    Entry to the main tournament will be 5 Euro, with entry into any other side tournament being 3 Euro.
    Alternatively, entry into all tournaments will be 10 Euro.

Schedule/Times
    I will be at the XGC for about 11:30 on the day, anyone is welcome to turn up early for casuals.

13:00
    Blazblue CS2 Tournament begins.

14:00
    King Of Fighters: XIII Tournament begins.

16:30
    Mortal Kombat: 2v2 Tag Tournament begins.

17:30
    Mortal Kombat Main tournament begins.

Bear in mind this schedule is not concrete, and may subject to change depending on the running's of the day.

Rules

Each tournament will run the same format. Double elimination, with each match being first to two rounds, and best of three games, with the exception of the Grand Finals.
    (With the exception of KoF, which will be best of one game only.)

The Grand Finals being best of five games, with the player coming from the losers bracket needing to win two sets of best of five.
    (KoF Grand Finals will be best of three.)

Character change between games is allowed only by the loser of the previous game. If a player wins a game, they must stick to the character they used until either they lose, or the match is over.
    (KoF will be character lock throughout the tournament, however order is changeable.)

Double-blind select is available if requested.

Button checks should be done before the match has started.
    If the game is paused during a tournament match (accidental or otherwise), the player who paused will forfeit that game unless both players agree to continue.

Custom pads/sticks are allowed.

Custom button config/layouts are allowed.
    For the MK tourney, if a player requires a custom button layout, please bring it to the attention of an Admin beforehand. (This is because of the awkward button config option in MK, which allows only 4 preset layouts.)

Concerning the MK 2v2 tournament; Partners will be decided by a random method. Certain players will be selected as "pickers", and the rest of the players names will be put into a hat, drawn out one by one.
    Partners are not changeable/trade-able.

Ban List;
    White Stage (KoF)
    Kratos (MK)
    Desert (MK)
    Subway (MK)
    Chamber Of The Flame (MK)
    Street (MK)
    Training Stage (BB)
    Turbo settings

Cash pools
    The cash prizes will be divided up amongst the games in percentages as follows:
    MK 1v1: 25% for winner, 10% for runner up.
    MK 2v2: 10% each for winners.
    BB: 15% for winner, 5% for runner up.
    KoF: 15% for winner, 5% for runner up.

5% of the cash pool will go towards paying off rentals and community pot.

Test Your Hype will be the first tournament headling MK in Ireland, so show us some love folks!

So "Let's see what you're made of!" and "Show me what you can do!".

What game do you guys wish to see at TYH for the third side tourney? 17 votes

Street Fighter: Third Strike
    0% 0 votes
    King of Fighters XIII
    0% 0 votes
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
    100% 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Inferno is also scheduled for that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Oh crap... Wasn't paying attention, I'll have to re-schedule for a week later. Until then this thread will serve as a feedback/suggestion outlet. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I think Nutrient has casuals planned for that day too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Kuro Tao, edit your first post ASAP before people create schedules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

You can edit the title of the post if you Edit the post, then click 'Go Advanced'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    It has come to my attention that there is not nearly enough mindless violence in our little community, and so with great anticipation, I present TYH, a tournament headlining Mortal Kombat 9!

The tournament will be hosted at the XGC, with two side tournaments and with any luck, space for one more.
    Those side tournaments will be a 2v2 MK tourney, and either BB or 3SOE (Depending on what you guys want to see more).
    Prizes/Pots are still very much undecided, so you guys will have to bear with me until I can sort some further details.

Test Your Hype is still very much an open concept (Hence the date being so far off) and so any feedback/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So "Let's see what you're made of!" and "Show me what you can do!".

I'll be very happy to meet you in person at DoC5 (Your attending right?) as well as 1man3letters and my ood buddy DR.

This is December right? (Used to reading american dates lol)

I WILL be there.
    And I'll bring om other players with me.

Mk forever bro.

PS I personally have no interest in BB :( I like 3S though :)

But its up to everyone so I wouln't mind.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Hope this goes well for you. nice to get a new scene going. I might pop in for mk , but if BB was there you know I'll be there ^__^

actully if I'm not busy I can help you run it as well etc etc

My PS3 is there if you need it too dude.
    Just say the word.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

chueytoo wrote: »
    Hope this goes well for you. nice to get a new scene going. I might pop in for mk , but if BB was there you know I'll be there ^__^

actully if I'm not busy I can help you run it as well etc etc

Same here, especially if BB is there I'll go. I unfortunately only have MK for 360 and on top of that only have an American 360 so it would be more of a hassle than anything if I brought it.

I kould try and konvince my friend to bring his PS3 too.
    I would just need to get the latest patch for him and buy him the DLC too.
    Im willing to do it.

So that would be 2 fully patched and DLC'd PS3s to help with your Tourney.
    Just let me know.

All the best,
    Razer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hey Kuro, I edited the first post, if I didn't get it right let me know.

A quick question, if we began the tournament at say 12-12:30, and ran on until about 9, do you guys think we could run two side tourneys?

Consoles/DLC shouldn't really be an issue, we should have everything on the day. The only encouragement I would give to people, is to bring your own pads/sticks/converters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

A quick question, if we began the tournament at say 12-12:30, and ran on until about 9, do you guys think we could run two side tourneys?

Consoles/DLC shouldn't really be an issue, we should have everything on the day. The only encouragement I would give to people, is to bring your own pads/sticks/converters.

Considering DoC runs for about that length of time and has 5 tournaments, I reckon you could manage as long as there are enough set ups. It's normally when there are several tournaments on at once that things start to slow down, so I'd advise running them at separate times throughout today.

I'll probably hunt down a copy of MK for cheap or borrow it off my friend for some practice and enter the main and side tournaments. If you need any help organising this, I'll help out, whether it's managing brackets or just running around telling people who they're up against next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Doyler01 wrote: »
    I think Nutrient has casuals planned for that day too

I'll have something planned alright

I think you made a mistake Kuro

10th December?

You were saying it's a week after inferno right?

Nutrient wrote: »
    I'll have something planned alright

Why so salty bro?

Why so salty bro?

Salty?

Just fix the date for the tourney scrub:pac:

I think you made a mistake Kuro

10th December?

You were saying it's a week after inferno right?

Doom edited the post to show the 10th. I had originally planned for the third. So, yeah. A week after Inferno.

Doom edited the post to show the 10th. I had originally planned for the third. So, yeah. A week after Inferno.

Okay then disregard the last post then

I believe there should be a bomber man tourney

You would be surprised how hype it gets :D

Okay then disregard the last post then

I believe there should be a bomber man tourney

You would be surprised how hype it gets :D

No.

• Advertisement

No.

:(

KuroTao: OK then Ill just bring my pad. Just say if you need the system bro.
    No problem at all.

Oh and by the way ill be working Nightshifts in December man, so I might only be able to play the main Tourney before traveling back for work.

All the best,
    Razer

I have everything for Xbox 360 if one is needed for the day

I have everything for Xbox 360 if one is needed for the day

Iv been told that the patches do not work on 360 unless it is signed in online.
    Some sort of loophole Miscrosoft used to not have to pay or something like that.

All the best,
    Razer

Iv been told that the patches do not work on 360 unless it is signed in online.
    Some sort of loophole Miscrosoft used to not have to pay or something like that.

All the best,
    Razer

The XGC has internet, each console is signed in online so that shouldn't be an issue, chances are though that it may be run on PS3 Exclusively this is just a precaution for people without 360 converters or w/e

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm probably going to be in Germany around this time so if you need recording you may need to find someone with an easy cap and a splitter or something.

Liu Kangs OP

Can you send me 1man3letters number privately?

Need to contact him and as you know his Internets down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

super props to kuro for doing this! :D

needless to say i shall be there ;)
    excited bout the tag tourny,such a good idea :D

can i just make a statment right now bout something since this mainly a mk thing rather than other mutli games tournies...

desert
    subway
    street
    chamber of flames
    kratos(obviously)

please BAN all the above

ya got any idea on the pricing yet kuro?
    also i might not play mileena at this :p

ps.with doom saying he be in germany and sarius mentioning he might take a brake,it would be a real shame if there was no recording of this :(

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

If one of you has a camera, any kind, it'd do. That's how Doom used to do it!

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    If one of you has a camera, any kind, it'd do. That's how Doom used to do it!

Cams gonna have to do for now

I'm gonna try invest in a dazzle for when a secondary recording setup is needed

Advertisement