Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test Your Hype! (Saturday, 10/12/11)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

ps.with doom saying he be in germany and sarius mentioning he might take a brake,it would be a real shame if there was no recording of this :(

You don't necessarily need a pro hauppage/laptop/commentary station to be able to record matches.

Ladnopoka has a neat little camera he just sneakily sticks on a tripod and points at matches. He's recorded nearly whole tournaments without anyway even noticing the camera was there (like a pro!)

You won't get the highest quality of video, or any live commentary but hopefully one of you has some video-recording capable piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

You don't necessarily need a pro hauppage/laptop/commentary station to be able to record matches.

Ladnopoka has a neat little camera he just sneakily sticks on a tripod and points at matches. He's recorded nearly whole tournaments without anyway even noticing the camera was there (like a pro!)

You won't get the highest quality of video, or any live commentary but hopefully one of you has some video-recording capable piece of kit.

thanks dave, ye i know a hd live com streamed on twitch is ideal but not nescarry :p just that with my ignorant community knowledge doom and sarius only people i know did recorindings :o no disrespect meant towards ladnopoka :o

but yea if anyone could do it for kuro be nice to have some footage for here or tym

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

desert
    subway
    street
    chamber of flames
    kratos(obviously)

please BAN all the above

For the uninformed, why should these be banned?

I know Kratos is a PS3 exclusive character, but considering PS3 is the tournament standard for MK9 anyway and Kratos is apparently quite crap, there really doesn't seem to be a need to ban him.

no disrespect meant towards ladnopoka :o

I'm sure nobody thought there was any intended, and that wasn't why I pointed it out.

I had actually meant to link to Ladno's channel too (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd1EjSLiwek)

My main point was that you can probably get the entire tourney recorded, as long as someone has a tripod, or some method of holding a recording device stationary.

That's really your minimum requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

For the uninformed, why should these be banned?

I know Kratos is a PS3 exclusive character, but considering PS3 is the tournament standard for MK9 anyway and Kratos is apparently quite crap, there really doesn't seem to be a need to ban him.

First off, Kratos, 2hit combo=24% damage, his parry is mind boggling and broken beyond reason, I'm sure I missed a bunch of reasons but trust me hes banned for a reason:)

As for stages

half of him lag the game, and the chamber stage shakes so much it is seriously the most distracting game stage in all of fighting game history

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I don't know why, but MK's banlist of silly stages reminds me of Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl and the hate for any stage that isn't Final Destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

At least the Smash Bros reasoning was justified (some characters can get a life lead and then turtle for the rest of the game, some stages are random as fúck).

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Apologies for the delayed reply folks, limited access to the net etc.

Anyway, I'm going to make it my business to track down a cheap-ish capture card, all I would need is someone to volunteer a comp, microphones, etc.
    If anyone would be willing, please contact me by pm. Much obliged.

It would be a real shame if we couldn't get any footage of the tourney, so I'm going to try my best to make sure we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Walk before you run.

I wouldn't worry too much about footage and especially not about commentary and such. Get the tournament up and running first before you worry about that.

Sure DooM will probably help out with his gear when he can. And that didn't come overnight. I think Inferno 6 was the first tournament to have footage. What's happening with with recording and such for the tournaments is only there because it's been built up over the last couple of years. A part of the reason it was built was because there was a good solid tournament base to justify it.

So as I said, for now worry about making the tournament happen and let the rest come naturally.

Orim wrote: »
    Walk before you run.

I wouldn't worry too much about footage and especially not about commentary and such. Get the tournament up and running first before you worry about that.

Sure DooM will probably help out with his gear when he can. And that didn't come overnight. I think Inferno 6 was the first tournament to have footage. What's happening with with recording and such for the tournaments is only there because it's been built up over the last couple of years. A part of the reason it was built was because there was a good solid tournament base to justify it.

So as I said, for now worry about making the tournament happen and let the rest come naturally.

I hear you. I may have come across as hasty, that wasn't my intention.
    There was no disrespect to DooM intended, footage isn't essential but it would be nice.
    I'm simply trying to provide a good tournament for all, if I have to sacrifice a few things in the process, so be it.

There are only a few details left for me to finalize, and I hope to have a schedule, rules, and entry fees/prizes posted by the end of this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB05C9EAA09AB121B&feature=mh_lolz

Some very early cam-footage of how we got our start.

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    I hear you. I may have come across as hasty, that wasn't my intention.
    There was no disrespect to DooM intended

I don't think there was any disrespect implied or taken, just that you should probably focus on the core needs of your tournament before fancy extra stuff like footage/commentary.

Core needs of a first time tournament in my opinion would be:

(1) Having enough attendees for a tournament bracket
    (2) Having enough set-ups with MK/PS3/TV on the day to run it in a reasonable time

You'ld be surprised, but one or two key people flaking out and not showing up can wreck your day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just to point out- there's no way I am bringing the ful recording kit into the XGC anyway. I've been saying that a while over in SF land. The end of DoC3 was an exception.

That said, an easycap (don't bother with a dazzle, it's pointless) and a couple of splitters and you could record easily.

Pretty much all of the info needed has been posted guys, check it out.
    (Thank you again DooM)

If you still have queries, ask away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Random select for 2v2 in MK?
    I've no doubt that me and Ken will be partners regardless and crush you all.

Might use the character I just picked up today for BB.

Naphiel wrote: »
    Random select for 2v2 in MK?
    I've no doubt that me and Ken will be partners regardless and crush you all.

Might use the character I just picked up today for BB.

Care to grace us with a hint there Naphiel? :P

thanks for posting rules etc :p

well played on the ban list :D

the random parnters is a nice touch2,will be more fun
    more than likely it will be baraka for the tag matches :cool:

and nutrient that t-shirt will be mine!!!!:pac:
    t-shirt match!!!! :pac: :pac: :pac: if you wont sell it to me ill beat it outta you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

What shirt would that be if you don't mind me askin'

All the best,
    Razer

What shirt would that be if you don't mind me askin'

All the best,
    Razer

nuitrient has a mk tshirt he got in a tourny in holland but he wont sell it 2 me :(
    so called t-shirt match (irish scene's 1st?)
    cmon man mk shirt vs captain america shirt :p

nuitrient has a mk tshirt he got in a tourny in holland but he wont sell it 2 me :(

Is it the shadowloo.eu/dutchnoobz.nl mk finalist 1? or the **** water drink beer 1?

iv a load of mk shirts not for sale lmao

All the best,
    Razer

• Advertisement

Is it the shadowloo.eu/dutchnoobz.nl mk finalist 1? or the **** water drink beer 1?

iv a load of mk shirts not for sale lmao

All the best,
    Razer

mutli mk shirts and the pdp stick....and u play kabal....razer i hate u :p

mutli mk shirts and the pdp stick....and u play kabal....razer i hate u :p

lmao and action figures and posters and most ports and stickers and cards and watches and patches and badges and comics and pogs etc. etc. etc. lmao

All the best,
    Razer

lmao and action figures and posters and most ports and stickers and cards and watches and patches and badges and comics and pogs etc. etc. etc. lmao

All the best,
    Razer

mk pogs??? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    id double check the windows on your gaff closed before ya go to bed tonight

mk pogs??? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    id double check the windows on your gaff closed before ya go to bed tonight

LMFAO! Will do man, will do.

All the best,
    Razer

This one?

DSCF0638.JPG

DSCF0640.JPG

Nutrient wrote: »

:mad:

:mad:

Come to wed casuals and we'll do something about its ownership :rolleyes:

Either that or I can hang it on my wall:D

Come to wed casuals and we'll do something about its ownership :rolleyes:

Either that or I can hang it on my wall:D

will anyone even be in with mw3 being out and that con at the weekend?

will anyone even be in with mw3 being out and that con at the weekend?

idk

You heading to that con?

• Advertisement

idk

You heading to that con?

sure could head up mine if no1 there and jun doesnt have your mk
    nah i dont think be able to get funds to go it,buyin bb when get the chance

Advertisement