Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test Your Hype! (Saturday, 10/12/11)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Xinkai wrote: »
    KOF and BB please. No Crapcom allowed.

Just FYI, next time you make give an interview saying how terrible SF players are for not encouraging other games etc, I will be reposting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Xinkai wrote: »
    KOF and BB please. No Crapcom allowed.

Just to say nothing wrong with capcom games, Their great, just dislike them personally actully just mainly ssf4.
    bash this guy.

not BB please :p

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

new mileena tech posted by pig of thr hut on tym
    i have TYH in the bag mofo's, opp cant wake up,tech roll,armor or xray out of this trap an it guarentess a periment lockdown.
    enjoy the vid cause if i ends up me vs kuro in finals again im pullin this godlike stuff out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=ni7Pe1seP1M

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

chueytoo wrote: »
    Just to say nothing wrong with capcom games, Their great, just dislike them personally actully just mainly ssf4.
    bash this guy.

not BB please :p

:D

Yes, this so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What's the difference?
    Meant to respond to that.

3S:OE is not a good port.
    We were lied to when they said "arcade-perfect".
    We were lied to when we were promised "real GGPO".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It's grand Kiki.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It's grand Kiki.
    Not when EX moves aren't consistent.

I've had a bit of a problem with that but I think it may just be in my head.

Given the fact that you complain about being unable to do Yang rekkas in arcade 3s I don't think you have the authority to judge executional requirements in ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Given the fact that you complain about being unable to do Yang rekkas in arcade 3s I don't think you have the authority to judge executional requirements in ports.

Speaking of execution requirements, is anyone else noticing that when activating HD mode in KoF, a HP sometimes randomly comes out when you're trying to dash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Speaking of execution requirements, is anyone else noticing that when activating HD mode in KoF, a HP sometimes randomly comes out when you're trying to dash?

Doesn't happen to me but considering that all of my HD combos start with a HP I just may not be noticing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Meant to respond to that.

3S:OE is not a good port.
    We were lied to when they said "arcade-perfect".
    We were lied to when we were promised "real GGPO".

I find that very hard to believe.

Naphiel wrote: »
    Doesn't happen to me but considering that all of my HD combos start with a HP I just may not be noticing it.

Don't think it's an input error on my part, as Chuey was noticing too.

I start all of my HD combos with HP also, but for some characers if I try and link say j.HK-HP-HD-HP etc, the HP after HD will whiff, which is why I want to dash in HP.

I'm sitting in training mode now, never seems to happen with Kyo or K'. Not doubting your or Joe's execution, just never seems to happen to me.

I'm sitting in training mode now, never seems to happen with Kyo or K'. Not doubting your or Joe's execution, just never seems to happen to me.

I noticed it with Kensou, and Joe first noticed it with King I think, doing pretty much that particular link I just mentioned. How are you linking into HD?

I noticed it with Kensou, and Joe first noticed it with King I think, doing pretty much that particular link I just mentioned. How are you linking into HD?

With K' I'm using J.D, C, 6A, HD, C, 6A. With Kyo J.2C, C, 3D, HD, C.
    Tried the link you mentioned with Kensou and it happens every so often, which is odd since it's yet to happen even once with the other two. Character specific problem maybe?

With K' I'm using J.D, C, 6A, HD, C, 6A. With Kyo J.2C, C, 3D, HD, C.
    Tried the link you mentioned with Kensou and it happens every so often, which is odd since it's yet to happen even once with the other two. Character specific problem maybe?

Maybe it's because you're linking from special input normals like One Inch. Ever try doing a 5B-HD~5B link with K'?

Tried it 10 times in a row there with Kyo, not a single HP.

Tried it 10 times in a row there with Kyo, not a single HP.

Well, that's just annoying.

Mate, I have a problem with doing Rekkas in ALL fighting games so don't bring that up.
    The EX input not coming out is an inconsistency issue that has been noted by players at all levels, from us (you, me, Owwmykneecaps) all the way to top US players (e.g. Mike Watson tried running tourneys on it and gave up).

Then there's the way they "upgraded" the art (badly), butchered the classic OST, fúcked up music transitions (regular music cuts in wrong, 2nd Impact music just loops), forgot to implement 2player training mode, shít-quality youTube uploader...
    Must I go on?

KOF XIII
    Regarding HD cancels ~HP, if you check SRK wiki it should explain why that is happening, and how you can prevent it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That's a mechanics thing. It depends on whether you HD during active or recovery.

Also Kiki... seriously, I don't think I can judge inputs, I don't know why you do :)

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Then there's the way they "upgraded" the art (badly), butchered the classic OST, fúcked up music transitions (regular music cuts in wrong, 2nd Impact music just loops), forgot to implement 2player training mode, shít-quality youTube uploader...
    Must I go on?

Absolutely none of this impacts on running a tournament using 3s:OE in any way.

Absolutely none of this impacts on running a tournament using 3s:OE in any way.
    Yet you're ignoring the main part of the argument.

Well done.

I already addressed it.

Alright, final updates to the original post have been made (Thanks Doom).
    Check it out folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

KOF character locked. . . . . . . . . . . **** JUST GOT REAL!!!!!

I wonder if Ash would make a good 2nd to King...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Picked up KoF XIII for PS3 yesterday.
    The controller bug means my stick and adapter don't work with it.
    Looks like ill be on pad again :(

Got some MK goodies for prizes. :)

Also I like 3S Gouki and Oro FTW! :)

All the best,
    Razer

Picked up KoF XIII for PS3 yesterday.
    The controller bug means my stick and adapter don't work with it.
    Looks like ill be on pad again :(

Got some MK goodies for prizes. :)

Also I like 3S Gouki and Oro FTW! :)
    [...]
    The InPin PSX-to-PS3 converter has been confirmed to work, you can get it at eTokki.com

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Is BB on PS3 or 360? Same with KoF?

• Advertisement

Just to clarify, MK and BB will both be PS3 only

I can't see any reason why KoF shouldn't be run on PS3 too, unless anyone has any major objections?

Advertisement