Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC based receipt machine vs till ?

Options
  • 29-10-2011 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

I've been looking at tills recently but just got thinking of maybe purchasing a pc based receipt system which has a receipt printing machine and a cash drawer.

I need to collect information from customers like;

Name
    Ph #
    email
    Other

I'd like to also display opening hours, address, phone number, date and receipt number. Is there a system for a pc that can do this?

Tia :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

Can anyone advice me on this please? I'm basically looking for a POS system that can collect the above information then print out a receipt quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

There are loads of systems that will do this. It's a matter of getting one that will suit your particular business. There is a good bit of research involved in finding the right system for your business. It is not a cheap option either, though there is some cheap POS software available if you search.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

There are loads of systems that will do this.

Could you point me in the right direction please or offer a suggestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

What you are looking for is called 'POS' software ('point of sale').

For starters, look at http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=pos+software+free&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Advertisement