Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jimmy Saville Dead at 84

13»

Comments

It's sad when your childhood Heroes turn out to be such Bastards! :(

Used to be a GG fan as well. :sick:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Aw sad new, i hadn't heard he died. I was thinking i spotted him on the news earlier but i just presumed he had run a marathon or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    I wouldn't be critical of anyone here who paid respect etc. None of the stuff coming out now was in the public domain back then. People can only form opinions based on the information available.

I did however find it slightly amusing that our resident CT expert didn't alert us. Either there wasn't a massive masonic conspiracy by the police, politicians, mainstream media, etc to keep his activities hidden or else his sources are seriously lacking.
    Originally Posted by Run_to_da_hills viewpost.gif
    R.I.P

No doubt there will be a record turn out at his funeral.

Ahh, but you underestimate ould Run_to_da_hills.
    He meant record as in criminal record.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

1210m5g wrote: »
    Aw sad new, i hadn't heard he died. I was thinking i spotted him on the news earlier but i just presumed he had run a marathon or something.

1210m5g

Location: under a rock, in a cave, on mars, with their fingers in their ears, going lalalalalalalalalalala
    Adverts | Friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

mikom wrote: »

Ahh, but you underestimate ould Run_to_da_hills.
    He meant record as in criminal record.........

Sorry to correct you Mikom but can you not read the hidden message in his post?

If you take the third letter of each word multiply them by pi and subtract 666 it clearly says Jimmy Saville is a paedophile!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

It's sad when your childhood Heroes turn out to be such Bastards! :(

Even back then I always thought Saville was an irritating, ugly weirdo.

And the Fix It program was such BS. You knew there were kids writing in looking for it to be fixed to go to Disney Land or fly in the space shuttle. But they always read out the letter from the kid whose dream it was to work behind the counter of a dry cleaners for an hour.
    A cheap ride for Jimmy.

And the Fix It program was such BS. You knew there were kids writing in looking for it to be fixed to go to Disney Land or fly in the space shuttle. But they always read out the letter from the kid whose dream it was to work behind the counter of a dry cleaners for an hour.
    A cheap ride for Jimmy.
    Well it was the BBC, they often did these programmes on the cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Susan Boyle has been the latest celebrity to come out and defend Jimmy about all these allegations of abuse.

"I was on his show when I was 14, and he never touched me" she said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Ghandee wrote: »
    Susan Boyle has been the latest celebrity to come out and defend Jimmy about all these allegations of abuse.

"I was on his show when I was 14, and he never touched me" she said.

Nearly choked on my tea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

somefeen wrote: »
    Oh Jesus

Obviously knew nothing of his carry-on when I posted that.
    Any chance you've got tomorrow night's lotto no.s while you're at it?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

RIP Jim.

A great entertainer who'll be missed by many.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

happy late birthday jimmmmyyyyyyyy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

I know hindsight and all that but the first two or so pages of this thread are quite funny :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Eric Clapton was on 6 Music earlier saying how Savile's career really took off in 1967 when backstage at Top of the Pops, he introduced Cream to the Small Faces

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    I wouldn't be critical of anyone here who paid respect etc. None of the stuff coming out now was in the public domain back then. People can only form opinions based on the information available.

I did however find it slightly amusing that our resident CT expert didn't alert us. Either there wasn't a massive masonic conspiracy by the police, politicians, mainstream media, etc to keep his activities hidden or else his sources are seriously lacking.

Of course there was info in the public domain.

There were constant rumours. Louis Theroux and Claire Barry amongst other had questioned him on it.

The info was there if you looked hard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

so happy to say that i never watched this guy on TV as a kid - thought he came across as very cheap, and weird and had no interest in watching him whatsoever thank goodness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Ares wrote: »

There were constant rumours. Louis Theroux and Claire Barry amongst other had questioned him on it.

Most people hadn't heard any such rumours-especially in Ireland. People believed they were paying respects to a favourite childhood entertainer. Give them a break, I'm sure they feel differently since all that stuff came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

oh Jaysus. Are people really posting in this revived thread to laugh and point at the 'idiots' who posted their RIP's and fond(led) memories of Jimmy Savile from last year? Obviously all paedo enablers....

I bet yous run over to little old ladies who have tripped on footpaths too and say 'watch where you're going!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Lapin wrote: »
    Are they still hoping that he is resting in peace ?
    Presumably not. Why would they be? :confused:

Interesting how a couple of people on this thread appear to be objecting to others not being able to see into the future...
    Ares wrote: »

But why would you look hard enough if you didn't have any inkling that he was a child abuser? I honestly didn't have a clue. The first time I thought he was strange was the Louis Theroux documentary, but even then, sex abuse by him didn't occur to me. I thought he seemed asexual if anything. Eccentric clothes and hair and being single aren't enough to make me suspect a man of being a nonce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

LoL

Jimmy Saville R.I.P........ing some kids arsehole open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Dotrel wrote: »
    He explains on the Louis Theroux doc that he would give that impression when asked that question because he didn't want people thinking he was a pedophile.

His secret would have been out then :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I see no benefit to dredging up this crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement