Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from O2 to tesco mobile

Options
  • 29-10-2011 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm very interested in switching from O2 to Tesco mobile, but I still have some O2 EUR credit, and I'd like to know if I can get a refund or move them to tesco aswell?

Also, any though about tesco mobile coverage?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Not a hope will you get that credit you'll have to spend it before you move and Tesco use the O2 network so you'll have the same coverage as you did with O2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Not a hope will you get that credit you'll have to spend it before you move and Tesco use the O2 network so you'll have the same coverage as you did with O2

Sounds good thanks!

While I wait for my credit to finish, I'd like to move from O2 experience plus to O2 experience basic as it has cheap landline calls, almost half price compared to experience plus.
    Do you know how to do that?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭terrlobe

has Tesco mobile prepay got free webtexts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No. Due to come on stream in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

I just started the process of switching some of our families mobiles over to Tesco's. I was starting with my sons who's on 3 at the moment to see what coverage and real life usage is like. I indicate to the very nice customer service guy that I was thinking of bringing some other iPhones over to Tesco's in time when he dropped a bomb shell. He said that Tesco do not support full 3G only Edge and GPRS. He even said that they were hoping to upgrade the service in the Q1 2012.

Has anyone on here ported to tescos with an iPhone. Although the guy couldn't have been nicer I am really wondering how Tesco's have the b*ll*cks to offer 'data' on 2.5 g in this day and age without clearly indicating this.

If anyone has experience of Tescos network specifically data I'd love to hear from them

I have time to ponder but this was a blow for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

sean72 wrote: »
    I just started the process of switching some of our families mobiles over to Tesco's. I was starting with my sons who's on 3 at the moment to see what coverage and real life usage is like. I indicate to the very nice customer service guy that I was thinking of bringing some other iPhones over to Tesco's in time when he dropped a bomb shell. He said that Tesco do not support full 3G only Edge and GPRS. He even said that they were hoping to upgrade the service in the Q1 2012.

He's mistaken in his terminology.

Tesco Mobile do have 3G but they don't utilize the entire amount of bandwidth the technology provides. So the speed cap is 1.2MBit/sec. They were hoping to remove the cap to upgrade to the full service in Q1 2012.

I bought a gig of data on Tesco Mobile and tethered my laptop to the android phone. Ok it wasn't a speed demon for a laptop but it was usable for sure.

Honestly, on a phone I don't really notice any difference between tesco mobile speeds and o2 speeds at all. They piggyback on the o2 network but o2 isn't the fastest network out there anyway.

On the other hand since moving from o2 to TM, the first months bill dropped by just over a third, but that phone now makes a third more phone calls to make up for that ;)

Reception is identical to O2s.

Advertisement