Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ifor williams creels/mesh sides

• 29-10-2011 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

lads anyone know would a set of those mesh sides be expensive for a flat williams trailer, its the 12 x 6 or may 6 6" model, its has the standard solid box at the bottom but was thinking of getting the mesh extensions or has anyone ever picked up a 2nd hand set?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

vander, did you try castle tailers in clare castle ph no is 0872772734

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

no havent tried anyone yet, said i would ask here first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

no havent tried anyone yet, said i would ask here first
    can ask my brother in law if he has any in stock in kidare if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

They wouldn't be the hardest thing to make all you need is some heavy duty mesh wire and angle iron. If you don't weld yourself you could get someone that is good with a welder to make them up for you. Paint them with grey paint and it will work out cheaper than the factory ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Banner steel will provide you with the galvanised mesh and whatever steel you'd need for the frame. Also in clarecastle

• Advertisement

leg wax wrote: »
    can ask my brother in law if he has any in stock in kidare if you want.
    sound

They wouldn't be the hardest thing to make all you need is some heavy duty mesh wire and angle iron. If you don't weld yourself you could get someone that is good with a welder to make them up for you. Paint them with grey paint and it will work out cheaper than the factory ones.

ya suppose it depends on price of them, knowing ifor williams i suppose they wont be cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

Are you sure if you buy a set that they will fit straight on? AFAIK if you order a new trailer you have to specify if you want it to take creels even though you dont have to buy the creels at the time.

I think there is a few extra brackets/lugs to be welded on for the creels, its not a big deal but it would prevent you from fitting a set straight away.

Milton09 wrote: »
    Are you sure if you buy a set that they will fit straight on? AFAIK if you order a new trailer you have to specify if you want it to take creels even though you dont have to buy the creels at the time.

I think there is a few extra brackets/lugs to be welded on for the creels, its not a big deal but it would prevent you from fitting a set straight away.

you could well be right, i thought it was just a case of replacing the standards with longer ones for the extra creels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

you could well be right, i thought it was just a case of replacing the standards with longer ones for the extra creels?

Again I'm not 100% sure about Ifor, buy I bought a new Brian James Cargo trailer last year and I had to specify at the time or ordering if I wanted to fit mesh sides, because "fitting afterwards wasn't possible"

• Advertisement

Milton09 wrote: »
    Again I'm not 100% sure about Ifor, buy I bought a new Brian James Cargo trailer last year and I had to specify at the time or ordering if I wanted to fit mesh sides, because "fitting afterwards wasn't possible"

i suppose i should just ring a dealer and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

I asked them (Ifor Williams) at the ploughing in 2010 for a 10 x 5 1/2 foot trailer and was told 500 euros. I still have'nt got them but will hopfully make my own in the new year.

Advertisement