Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OBJECTION!!! (NOT :) )

Options
  • 29-10-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

Ok, so some may already know that there will be a Professor Layton/Phoenix Wright crossover coming soon, and some may already know that Phoenix Wright is a playable character in the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, but did anyone see that there is a live action Ace Attorney movie in the works?:

Out sometime in the middle of next year and covers the story of the entire first game from what i can tell. Looks like The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises may have some stiff competition next year :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don't like calling 'film of the decade' too far in advance, but...

Have been keeping an eye on this for months. It's directed by Takeshi Miike, who's one of Japan's most inventive (if inconsistent) directors. He's been responsible for the taboo decimating Visitor Q / Dead or Alive, the brilliantly creepy Audition (one of my favourite films), and this year's finest action film 13 Assassins. He's nothing if not eclectic, so can't wait to see how this is handled.

Most of all, glad to finally see the judge character. They got his beard better than I could have hoped for:

16gkifo.png

Retr0 will be glad they got the Fey sisters right ;)

And, naturally, the soundtrack already exists:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I'm quite curious to see how this will turn out...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I don't know if ye'd know in these parts but Phoenix is also spreading his wings (see what I did there?) and making an appearing in his first cross over fighting game, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3:

As a side note it's going to make commentating matches a pain in the arse as there's already the Marvel character Phoenix in the game, and I will be Doctor Doom talking about Doctor Doom too... *head explodes*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

New trailer that gives you a better overview of the plot:

The observant viewer and Saiben fan will notice a certain clock making a very welcome cameo appearance ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement