Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling boats on apolloduck.ie... private numbers!!!

• 29-10-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else experienced this? I had loads of calls about my donedeal ad, but only a very small number from apolloduck, 5 in all. Every call was from a blocked number and 3 of them were from dodgy sounding callers who were asking for a lot of information about me and would give almost nothing away about themsleves. Is this the nature of the type of people who respond to ads on that site?
    It seemed strange to me that I didn't recieve a single call from a user of it who hand't blocked their number

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I've had the opposite experience. Serious callers or fender kickers on apolloduck and weirdos ringing on the donedeal ad. Put me right off using donedeal again.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

_Conrad_ wrote: »
    Has anyone else experienced this? I had loads of calls about my donedeal ad, but only a very small number from apolloduck, 5 in all. Every call was from a blocked number and 3 of them were from dodgy sounding callers who were asking for a lot of information about me and would give almost nothing away about themsleves. Is this the nature of the type of people who respond to ads on that site?
    It seemed strange to me that I didn't recieve a single call from a user of it who hand't blocked their number

A lot of sellers put "No private numbers" on there adds to cut out any doggy callers, as for all the questions it might have something to do with all the stolen boats and outboards over the last few years, if you end up buying one you can find yourself with no boat and no money :eek: I tend to stay away from people who know nothing about the boat or it's history and the ones that are selling it for a friend or family member that has left the country :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I've had the opposite experience. Serious callers or fender kickers on apolloduck and weirdos ringing on the donedeal ad. Put me right off using donedeal again.

Well i've sold lots of cars, and i mean proper lots of cars, many on donedeal and i expect messers from that and various eejits calling, but that's because it's so widely used and read, and it's worth it because if i put something on there it WILL get sold. Whereas with apolloduck I got no phonecalls that were not from blocked numbers and no potential buyers who seemed serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭murphym7

Tabnabs wrote: »

I have had the exact same experience - I was lucky to have just sold my boat last Saturday, guy from England came over and took it back with him - I have been trying to shift her for 2 years. All the viewings came from Apollo duck - all the stupid questions and hassle came from DoneDeal. Although saying that - I would use DoneDeal to buy something - not to sell again.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭castlepoint

apollo duck would be the better choice.don,t answer private numbers

• Advertisement
Advertisement