Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4s on eMobile?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Edietigr

I ordered mine on 25 th, i was told shipped on last friday. I rang today, hold for 40 minutes, a guy answer and confirm it was sbhipped on last friday and give me dpd telephone to ring. But everybody knows i need tracking number. When i asked. My line is disconnected.

This is the worst service i have ever come across. Unbelieve able. I want thanks emobile if i recieve my phone today. I paid for this and including decent customer service.
    I certainly wont come to eircom. Cheaper does not worth the stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

sham69 wrote: »
    This coming from the guy who said there was no need to upgrade????
    Good Luck again..

All in the name Sham,

I said there was no need to upgrade if you have an iPhone 4, i had however sold my iPhone 4 two months before that
    thinking i was going to be picking up an iPhone 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

>>>>>Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.<<<<<

That your mantra is it...
    Makes sense..
    People on this thread genuinely paid for a product and didnt get it.
    You got yours and decided it would be a good idea to come on here gloating, blaming the people that ordered the phone for the mess up that emobile caused and basically being a dic*head.
    Have you nothing better to do.
    Go an play with your new phone or get wasted or something.

Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Enough of the childish insults already.

Go to the eircom forum if you have specific eMobile-related questions. They have reps there who can answer your questions directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Apologies Vinny.
    I only posted in here due to the title "4s on Emobile" where people were talking about their experiences with emobile, delays in shipping, porting etc..
    I now realise that it shouldn't be in here and apologise for the childish behaviour but some of the comments from my friend were way out of line and not only aimed at me.
    Needless to say I won't be replying again.
    Sorry again.
    Sham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭floorpie

Just to add to the confusion, two people in my family ordered phones, a 4 and a 4s about 2 weeks ago. We got the tracking number for the 4 last week, nothing for the 4s yet. However, as of today, DPD still say that they never got the package (the iPhone4). Is the tracking number set by DPD or emobile? Emobile aren't helping at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

I got my 4s in eMobile today. Was waiting for them to get a white one in stock but seems like they are in short supply so I settled for a black 32gb one.
    Happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

floorpie wrote: »
    Just to add to the confusion, two people in my family ordered phones, a 4 and a 4s about 2 weeks ago. We got the tracking number for the 4 last week, nothing for the 4s yet. However, as of today, DPD still say that they never got the package (the iPhone4). Is the tracking number set by DPD or emobile? Emobile aren't helping at all.

I work for DPD i Waterford.
    When Emobile are sending out your parcel they input your details into a computer which prints out a label with the tracking no on it.
    Regarding the 4 digit PIN that is needed when the driver is delivering, this is only needed when you are signing up to a contract.
    The driver will have the contract in the bag with the phone.
    Only the person who's name is on the package can accept the delivery.
    You must have ID and an itimised bill with your address on it.
    The PIN no is the last 4 digits of your bank account that you gave emobile when setting up direct debit with them.
    If you don't have any of these details then the driver isn't allowed to deliver the parcel.
    Any other questions please ask or PM and i will help you if i can

Cheers
    Coco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

I got my 4s in eMobile today. Was waiting for them to get a white one in stock but seems like they are in short supply so I settled for a black 32gb one.
    Happy out!

Hi SilverSparkle, did you contact a shop or phone them to see if they'd give you the black version ? or did they contact you ? I also ordered the white 32gb but would now gladly take the black version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭floorpie

cococoady wrote: »
    When Emobile are sending out your parcel they input your details into a computer which prints out a label with the tracking no on it.
    Regarding the 4 digit PIN that is needed when the driver is delivering, this is only needed when you are signing up to a contract.
    The PIN no is the last 4 digits of your bank account that you gave emobile when setting up direct debit with them.
    If you don't have any of these details then the driver isn't allowed to deliver the parcel.

Cheers
    Coco

Ah so it's possible to have a tracking number but for DPD not to have it yet, ok cool.

About accepting the delivery, i'm confused about this, the phones were bought in my dad's name, but he's only ever in the house from 7pm+. How is he supposed to accept it? And do DPD just turn up or call first? My mother does be home, and has his/her passport and the bills etc, could she not accept it?

Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

floorpie wrote: »
    cococoady wrote: »

Cheers
    Coco

Ah so it's possible to have a tracking number but for DPD not to have it yet, ok cool.

About accepting the delivery, i'm confused about this, the phones were bought in my dad's name, but he's only ever in the house from 7pm+. How is he supposed to accept it? And do DPD just turn up or call first? My mother does be home, and has his/her passport and the bills etc, could she not accept it?

Thanks for the help.

It depends on whether the driver has to get a contract signed. If so only the person whos name the contract is in can take delivery. If he isn't at home he can always go to the local depot with his details and collect it there.
    If its just an upgrade with no contract needed to be signed then anyone at the address can sign for it.
    Hope this helps ya

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Happy out!

Hi SilverSparkle, did you contact a shop or phone them to see if they'd give you the black version ? or did they contact you ? I also ordered the white 32gb but would now gladly take the black version.

I hadn't ordered one online I was just waiting for the eMobile store in Kilkenny to get white ones in because I had my heart set on a white one. I waited 5 days and then said I'd just get a black 32gb as my current phone was acting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    Enough of the childish insults already.

Go to the eircom forum if you have specific eMobile-related questions. They have reps there who can answer your questions directly.

Your right, enough said! :) Apologies for anyone who was offended.

Advertisement