Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rug Doctor Hire in Waterford

Options
  • 29-10-2011 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been done to death, I've done a search but can only find threads dating back to 2008 on how good it is.

Has anyone used it? I've read reviews saying it's meant to be excellent so I'm willing to give it a go to freshen up the carpets before Christmas

Also does anyone know how much it costs? Tried Googling B & Q but they have UK prices listed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

B&Q are around €30 to €40 per day and a little bit more for 2 days - which is better value. There are two sizes of machine. I would go for the bigger one. The shampoo is I think around €8 - I am going on memory from last year so I may be wrong on that - you would only need the one for several carpets. I'm not sure the special stuff for heavy soiling is worth while, the cleaning is good from the ordinary stuff.

Make sure you get the hand-held bit for stairs, it is essential for edges and fiddly bits. Also make sure you clip the hoses on firmly.

Its quite hard work, but the cleaning is great and lasts better than the chemical versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I think Homebase might have them as well, no idea on prices or anything though. I think I've seen them just behind the customer service desk as you're walking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

Hi i have used them from both homebase and band q. Cant remember the price from b and q but it was 34 e for 2 days from homebase. I have 2 bedrooms, stairs and sitting room in carpet. Found it brilliant on my carpets(the sitting room carpet was cream and it brought it up like new)

If you have alot of carpet def get it for the 2 days cause it can be exhausting as its heavy( you fill it with clean water with the solution and another compartment takes the dirty water) and moving around furniture can be exhausting.

I also at the time had fabric couches and i also used it on these( theres an accessory for furniture) and it did a great job.

Try and use it as early as possible cause it does leave the carpet slightly moist so you can leave windows open to help dry the carpets out.

Found the rug doctor brilliant would def recommend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

I hired the rug doctor from Drycleanit out next to superquinn it was 24.99 for the day not sure on 2 days, i found it great got the car done also but it was in the summer great for drying.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Just wanted to follow up on this since the last post was over a year ago. Where are the best places currently to rent one of these and how much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

I think most tescos have them for hire, definately Ardkeen and Ballybeg. Think homebase have them as well.

Think they are €27 for 1 day or €30something for 2 day

Thanks wobbles

TEsco have them but you have to reserve online and I couldn't get the online system to work for me so gave up. I got mine in Homebase then. Can't remember how much the machine itself was but when you add in the solutions you have to buy I think it ended up costing me about 70 eur for 24 hours.
    If you're getting it from homebase you have to bring photo ID and proof of address.

70? Crap, woodies say 26 euro for 24 hours. The cleaning stuff must cost a bomb!

It does!
    I was doing a couch as well as carpet so had to buy upholstery cleaner and a de-foaming thing. If you're only doing carpet it will probably be a bit cheaper. I'd say it'll still be at least 40-50 though. And if you're doing a large amount of carpet you might need more than one bottle.
    The machine itself was around that 25eur mark in Homebase too - give or take a few euros, can't remember exactly.

• Advertisement

Yeah I just checked the cost on woodies for 24 hours with traffic lane cleaner and the detergent, €53. I would need the upholstery attachment for the stairs, is that extra too?

No I think that was included but you just had to ask for it. You'd definitely need that alright if you're doing stairs.

Ok, thanks. I'll try it this weekend or next so!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Try Speedy hire on the Tramore Rd just for a price comparison, my mother a got cleaner and solution last year and was delighted with it, cant remember how much it was but she also bought 5 bottles of fluid too.

Will do, thanks!

Advertisement