Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gift for friend struggling through 2nd pregnancy

• 29-10-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi I don't know if this is the right place to post (feel free to move if not!). One of my dearest friends is having a tough time during her second pregnancy. She is just totally nauseous, exhausted, struggling with work and her one year old is not a great sleeper and in addition has been unwell recently so my friend is getting by on barely a few hours sleep a night while working a full time stressful job where she is on her feet for large parts of the day (cannot be avoided). I have offered to help in any way I can but she is feeling so awful she is just going home, not seeing anyone and, thankfully at least, resting where she can. I have no kids and feel so useless tho I am very close to her and her child. I want to cheer her up and was thinking of getting a little gift to pick her up a little but was not sure what to get. My ideas were some mama mio body oil, a nice (unfragranced?) candle (she loves candles), some organic baby sleep balm (thinking if her child slept she will get more rest) and maybe a nice maternity top (I know her taste well). Just, could any mothers/mothers to be out there let me know what you think of this please? Or if you have better ideas if this is rubbish? I am going to get a card and tell her how much better she is doing than she ever gives herself credit for too. What does anyone think? As a non-mother I am very conscious I don't want to do the wrong thing. I just love and admire this friend so much and want her to feel a little pampered and see she is coping even tho it doesn't feel like it. Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Wow, wish I had a friend like you! All of that sounds heavenly, I love the Mama Mio range. One thing I'd add to the list is to offer your services as a childminder for a few hours so she gets to take a long child-free soak in the bath or a trip to the cinema (you don't mention if she has a partner).

The card is the loveliest bit by the way, it's very touching when someone outside the day-to-day grind tells you that you're doing well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

I wished I had such an attentive friend. I've a one year old and am 31 weeks pregnant and thus pregnancy has been tough. Last week I got a pedicure and manicure done and it was great. I can't reach my feet anymore so it was great.

You will know your friend best but I know ice received some really nice lotions and potions but I seldom have the time or energy to do anything with them. I think that's why I got such a treat out of my little pampering session.

Maternity top sounds great, I know I get depressed at my lovely maternity wardrobe! Not sure if it's of interest but Dorothy Perkins have 25% off online at the moment ending soon though. I have the discount code somewhere if you wish. I got sone nice tops in h&m very recently.

The card will be very well appreciated it's lovely to know that others feel you are doing a good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi, you sound like a great friend ans she is lucky to have you!
    All the things you suggested sound really nice so i would go for any of them.
    Other than that, the one thing she sounds like she needs in a good nights sleep. So if your close to her child would you be in a position to offer to mind him over night to give her a break and so she can get a good rest?
    As somone with a 5month old (who actually sleeps pretty well) i know that the one thing i do miss is having a good, un interupted nights sleep an a lie on in the morning. So i can imagine how she feels wiith a baby who doesnt sleep well!
    Also if she is into it, you could get her a voucher for a pregnancy massage. It would be really nice and relaxing for her, expecially after standing in work most of the day!

Theres my ideas anyway! Best of luck

Advertisement