Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

For me it's absolutely perfect. I don't want to be lugging a full sized tablet around and it fits in my jeans or shirt pockets with no problems, but compared to an 'ordinary' phone the extra screen area puts it into a different league for surfing or working on. My perspective is that I get the benefits and best of both worlds, yours may be that I get the worst, everyones needs are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sajajo

It'll be perfect for me too. The tablet just wouldn't replace the laptop for me, plus it can't replace a phone, and it's still too big to bring it around everywhere with you. To use it as a navigator you'd need the 3g plus an extra connection, while still needing a phone etc. so getting quite expensive that way. I'd love an Ipad or Galaxy tab, but more so as a toy. The new Note is big enough to make browsing, reading etc. relevant, and even if it might look ridiculous holding it up to your ear making calls. It still IS a phone. So one connection for all your mobile needs. The more reviews I read, I more and more want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

I have the note, and have no problem fitting it in my pocket or using it... and who cares what it looks like against your ear? its not a fashion accessory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

is there any way of displaying the amazon.de site in english ???

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭truebloodfan

have been very tempted to get a smartphone for a while now, wud be getting a hi spec samsung if i did, but heard that they have a few glitches like turning themselves off, has anyone else found problems with samsung?? and is it truethat all the extra functionality comprimises the reliability? i.e dropped calls etc. calls not gettin through etc.. that you got with old fashioned phones like nokia 6230i. :confused:

• Advertisement

is there any way of displaying the amazon.de site in english ???

I use google Chrome, and it allows to translate the page into English, so this should help with Amazon.de.

And about the dropping calls etc. I haven't heard anyone I know to have troubles with any of the Samsung models. I only know some people on the three network who complain, but that could be any phone. It's the network in their case.

Galaxy Note now 499 € plus 6 € shipping on Amazon.de. Still no update from phone providers here. Does anyone have any experience in this? How long does it take for them to make a decision? If they don't have it yet, will they ever? I'd just hate to buy it for 499, and then you can get it here with a contract for 250 or so. But sooooo tempted !

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭czrewor

Vodafone appear to be launching it soon, its on the 'Coming Soon' section of their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Doubt.It

It's arrived!

It's an absolute fantastic phone/device/gadget. Have it now for over a month and still LOVE IT !!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement