Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin marathon expo

Options
  • 29-10-2011 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭

Be interested to see what anyone thought of the marathon expo today.
    How does it compare to some other expo's?
    Any great deals?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Be interested to see what anyone thought of the marathon expo today.
    How does it compare to some other expo's?
    Any great deals?

I avoided your stand. Expo's aren't the same when you're not buying anything. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭smithwicks

Not a patch on the Ironman expo, Ya could buy toy guns there!

The kinesiology tape demo was great. Well laid out with loads of room. I found the wedding fair clausterphobic in the Same venue, but that could have been down to my growing up freak out.

Like most I guess I would love to drop loads of cash on shiny new gear and gadgets but can ill afford. Still nice to gander though.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Great deals to be had down there, I got a gel belt with miniture pouch on it and a high five 'race pack' stuffed to the brim with gels and bars and recovery sachets, the hole lot , all together 10euro... very impressed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Was down at the expo for a spot of bargain hunting despite the fact that I'm not doing DCM. Got shorts and capris from the Runways stand, €10 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

I got a fleece, monkey hat, running top and mug for €53 altogether. Not too bad. Last year I spent €25 on a t-shirt alone.

Do they sell off the stuff cheap after the expo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

I got a fleece, monkey hat, running top and mug for €53 altogether. Not too bad. Last year I spent €25 on a t-shirt alone.

Do they sell off the stuff cheap after the expo?

you can usually see it for half price after the expo so worth holding off.alot depends on how much they can't shift.

the kinesiology stand was a great addition,something I have used and find a great product plus nice to have somone show you how to use it.

Im sure a Triathlon expo is fun,but you tri lads just love your gadgets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Looking forward to getting up tomorrow for a nosy around, although I presume asics have a monopoly on the runner front?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lots of Saucony shoes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭tinydave

Lots of Saucony shoes too.

Great value everywhere i thought, picked up a pair of Saucony Hurricane 13 for €85 :) and a marathon racepack with belt for €12

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭wurzlitzer

Did anyone see any lightweight rain jackets, like montane, a friend has mine. Its meant to rain alot tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

wurzlitzer wrote: »
    Did anyone see any lightweight rain jackets, like montane, a friend has mine. Its meant to rain alot tomorrow.

Your skin is waterproof

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

subscriber wrote: »
    Great deals to be had down there, I got a gel belt with miniture pouch on it and a high five 'race pack' stuffed to the brim with gels and bars and recovery sachets, the hole lot , all together 10euro... very impressed!!

It's an amazing deal. Think it's 12 gels , 2 bars, 3 hydration / carb drink mixes all for just 7 euros !

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Picked up Kinvara 1's for 85 quid. Will be using them tomorrow! Decent expo and wasn't too crowded when I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭wurzlitzer

Gringo78 wrote: »
    Your skin is waterproof

Thanks
    Generally don't run with a jacket
    But got a bad dose of bronchitis the last time I ran in heavy rain in October without a rain jacket, that was years ago.

So once bitten twice shy. I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

cwgatling wrote: »
    Picked up Kinvara 1's for 85 quid. Will be using them tomorrow!

Very bad idea! Only use shoes and clothes that you have worn before and know you are comfortable in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Very bad idea! Only use shoes and clothes that you have worn before and know you are comfortable in.

I think he's worn kinvaras before though. No real need to break shoes in if you're used to the model IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Just back in the door from it. It was much better than previous years, never remember so much being discounted. It's a pity I have most of my gear already. Any amount of clothing very cheap. I picked up some gels, they were doing boxes of high five gels for €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Just back in the door from it. It was much better than previous years, never remember so much being discounted. It's a pity I have most of my gear already. Any amount of clothing very cheap. I picked up some gels, they were doing boxes of high five gels for €12.

Totally agree, 20 gels for twelve euro, great deal. Good to see so much stuff for great prices AND free granola bars as well!! What more could you want!:D

Advertisement