Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help going out on the town

Options
  • 29-10-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

This will be the first time I'm heading tomorrow or maybe Monday night with the lads.
    I'm 18 I know just about going in cps and stuff.

Do you have to wear shoes( can you wear runners(trainers) to get in.
    Would jeans and jumper be fine.
    I have Id so I'm sound on that.

Any advice would be much appreciated, I don't want to be turned down by door fella as I never thought of that.

Galway city only please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

maybe

yes

good

have fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Stupid reply there!! You could have answered him properly if you knew!! I would think its safer wear shoes. Jeans and jumper or t-shirt would be fine but no runners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I think weekends you have to wear shoes, defo not during the week as I've worn runners in before.

Jeans and jumper are fine. Just don't go around bumping into fellas recklessly, might get yourself a thump. Be careful is all. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

In my expierience it doesn't matter what you're wearing. I've been to cps a load of times although I don't like it much and I always wear runners, jeans and a shirt or t shirt. The bouncers just use that "no runners" thing as an excuse if they don't like the look of you. Make sure you bring some valid ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Buildup wrote: »
    Hi,

This will be the first time I'm heading tomorrow or maybe Monday night with the lads.
    I'm 18 I know just about going in cps and stuff.

Do you have to wear shoes( can you wear runners(trainers) to get in.
    Would jeans and jumper be fine.
    I have Id so I'm sound on that.

Any advice would be much appreciated, I don't want to be turned down by door fella as I never thought of that.

Galway city only please

Tomorrow and Monday will be very busy nights so head early to club, as for dress code- there will be no dress code on either night as they will be fancy dress for halloween. So find a costume and dress up for the craic. As a usual rule though, I've never been refused from cps for runners so they're fine and any tshirt will do. Advice- just stick together with friends as you're not too familiar with the city and don't get too plastered especially when you mighn't be too used to drinking. Enjoy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Buildup

Thanks all,

Were going to the hole in the wall so same advice I guess:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

My advice is stay the f*ck away from the hole in the wall! Buy a few cans, drink them at home then go to cps at around half 11

Advertisement