Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.bookdepository.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

I bought 24 books from them 3 weeks ago. The first week nothing arrived, the second week 11 came on the same day and in the third week the remainder arrived in dribs and drabs over the course of the whole week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ordered two college textbooks from them on the 17th of October, they were dispatched on the 19th and they arrived on November 1st. So, pretty slow if you ask me, but it's a trade-off I'm willing to make because their prices are so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭phonejacker

i bought a book on the 3 nov. and i was dispatched on the 7 nov. so it will be probably another week till it comes?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sce88

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/24?a_aid=offers

From the book depository website:
    "24 Hours of Offers - The Countdown promotion will run for 24 hours, starting at noon GMT (10th November). There will be a new product available on the homepage for a great price every hour for each of the hours, the last one going up the following day (11th November) at 11am GMT.
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Ah but they will come, be patient!

Meanwhile, you can do more shopping on TBD tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Haha - apparently less than 150 seconds after is was released the first BD deal has sold out! Anyone know what it was?

EDIT: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Special-Cupcakes-Wendy-Sweetser/9781847738554

EDIT2: seemingly not sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

not a clue - was waiting, but missed it as was busy at 12 for a couple of minutes! i have always liked TBD, but have noticed recently their delivery times are getting worse. Me thinks a Kindle is on the horizon!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

No idea what it was! I went to check right at the time and it was already sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Worth checking out on the hour, so far seen lots of cookery books and the odd interesting one with some great classics like Catch 22, Slaughterhouse 5 and Catcher in the Rye for €2-3 delivered. They go fast though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Apart from their excellent free ebooks, I'm presuming they've no DRM free/Kindle friendly titles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I've bought from them on occasion and can't say I've any complaints.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I bought all of my college books through TBD and never had any problems. It was a lot of books too; English and History are pretty heavy going on the reading :)

Amen to that! Remember in History the index is your friend, doesn't work in the case of English though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So the book was meant to shipped yesterday and when I went to check it it said "Awaiting publication" what does this mean?

So the book was meant to shipped yesterday and when I went to check it it said "Awaiting publication" what does this mean?

Seen your other post about pre-ordering it for the 11th. There may be a delayed release date but probably just means it will take a day or two to process the order but still showing at awaiting publication as theres no update to your order yet

It will probably be shipped on Monday. I bought stuff yesterday which are still being processed and that wont change until Monday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MungBean wrote: »
    Seen your other post about pre-ordering it for the 11th. There may be a delayed release date but probably just means it will take a day or two to process the order but still showing at awaiting publication as theres no update to your order yet

It will probably be shipped on Monday. I bought stuff yesterday which are still being processed and that wont change until Monday.

hope your right,I was tempted to cancel yesterday

Heh I just checked amazon and they have the same book on sale for 99 pounds :eek:

Heh I just checked amazon and they have the same book on sale for 99 pounds :eek:

What book is it out of interest/nosiness ?

What book is it out of interest/nosiness ?

Skyrim walkthrough guide book collectors edition :cool: I'm a sucker for collectors items :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

If you are buying from the Book Depository check both the .com and the .co.uk sites - the prices vary and for more expensive books it can be worth is. I just checked a book I have and its €33 on one site and €24 on the other. (in favour of the .co.uk site this time) but it has definitely saved me fairly significant sums in the past.

Animord wrote: »
    If you are buying from the Book Depository check both the .com and the .co.uk sites - the prices vary and for more expensive books it can be worth is. I just checked a book I have and its €33 on one site and €24 on the other. (in favour of the .co.uk site this time) but it has definitely saved me fairly significant sums in the past.

I'll keep that in mind ;-)

Animord wrote: »

The .com site would ship from the US though making delivery a lot longer I presume ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

The .com site would ship from the US though making delivery a lot longer I presume ?

I actually can't remember there being any big difference. Obviously you have to take your chances...

The book I checked is £21.37 on Amazon with apparently free delivery to Ireland, and €25.75 on bestsellers.ie - do they do free delivery ever?

If I can't bear to wait another second of my life I usually go with Amazon but if I have a little time I check all four and get the best deal I can.

Yeah suppose if your in a hurry you'd go with amazon anyway so if your content to wait a bit longer makes sense to get it as cheap as possible. I'll definitely check both sites when ordering in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Ordered for the first time off this sight at the weekend, got two really great deals on books, and one was a book I was planning to buy for my aunt that was half the price I'd seen it in the shops or anywhere online, delighted, will use these again and again!:D

Well they still haven't shipped my item and still haven't answered the email I sent them friday.

Well I got an email off them today saying there getting there stock and the book should be sent in a few days,about time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sue_nz

This used to be a brilliant site, but unfortunately since Amazon bought it the price of the books has gone up a lot. On the slightly brighter side, Amazon UK are offering free delivery worldwide on orders over £25 and their prices are currently (gee what a coincidence) cheaper than the book depository. I can't help wondering if they have bought it to destroy a competitor. I haven't noticed any difference in shipping times - takes about a week to get to NZ and that's about as far away as you can get from the UK!

It was finally dispatched yesterday *punches air* now to wait for it to come -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

It was finally dispatched yesterday *punches air* now to wait for it to come -_-

Can i ask how much you paid for the guide? They're sold out now...and its £80 on Amazon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Wow, people will pay £80 for a book that tells them how to play a videogame...kinda hard to know what to say to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭elaicah

Kinski wrote: »
    Wow, people will pay £80 for a book that tells them how to play a videogame...kinda hard to know what to say to that.

reminds me of a friend, whenever he gets a new game, he tries to get cheats/skip level codes/walkthroughs, anything to help him finish it quickly.

personally I can't see the point in what he does - I could understand it after a few days/weeks if theres a certain part you can't complete, but not on the day you buy it

sorry, I went OT there

Advertisement